• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If previously opened on large external monitor, cannot resize window to smaller screen

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro.  I had it hooked up to my TV via HDMI as a second display. 

1.  Used Photoshop on the TV display, increasing the size of the window.
  2.  Quit Photoshop.
  3.  Unplugged the TV display.
  4.  Opened a document in Photoshop.

Window title bar is now off the edge of the laptop screen and cannot be clicked or controlled.  Nothing under the Window menu seems to reset the window to the geometry of the laptop screen.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ZorkNation - What version of Photoshop and what version of macOS are you? Do you have "Displays have separate spaces" checked or unchecked under System Preferences > Mission Control.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

One way to get it out of this state is to quit Photoshop, and move the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Prefs.psp to the desktop and restart. It would also be good to get a copy of this file so I can give it to the engineers. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Quit Photoshop and relaunch, does that fix it?

Also, if you go into System Setting and set different resolutions, does that move the Photoshop app frame so you can move/resize it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines