• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor is stretching my images

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often use Image Processor to get images down to required dimensions. I am not interested in changing proportions, only in fitting to max dimensions in either dimension. 

However, recently, the behaviour has changed and it now regularly stretches images instead of keeping the existing proportions intact. 

For example, when I want to batch process images for web, my max is 2048x2048px. Roughly 2/3 of the images are great and fit within this. Some that are longer come out at exactly 2048x2048, totally squished out of proportion. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicovlogg 

You have posted a bug report, but have failed to mention the exact version/build of Photoshop and your exact Mac version/build.

It might also be helpful to show a screenshot of how you have setup the Image Processor dialog.

Alternative workarounds include recording Automate > Fit Image command into an action and using that action in Image Processor or using the Image Processor Pro script instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing 25.0.0 on Windows. No problem on my side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on Mac OS Monterey, 12.6.8

Photoshop 25.0.0

My settings are below

nicovlogg_0-1696945649139.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines