Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Style

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I saw this interesting styled image and was hoping someone could help me accomplish it in photoshop. I,m more or less just talking about the style of the people, not the surrounding effects.

Even maybe a name for the style would be much appreciated.

thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't look real, do they? 

Maybe they were synthesized by AI.  Or possibly began as vectors in Illustrator.

In any case, you could achieve something similar with one or more filters from Photoshop's Filter Gallery.   See below about how to create a painterly effect from a photo.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/turn-photo-into-painting.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a median filter applied to the the channels, then colorized with a bit of simple masking or selective corrections. As so often the real trick is simply to find the right combinations of parameters. If you were to shoot it you'd aide the process by using very uniform, flat lighting.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind maybe expanding on how I would apply the median filter to
the channels? I think I understand what you mean, but not certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post (part of) the image you want to edit thusly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just am looking at the portraits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's basically an extreme version of the frequency separation techniques on which you can find tutorials. You would use larger radii for the blurs and you may also want to create custom luminance info and color using Image --> Calculations and Apply Image. In contrast to frequency separation you would also smooth out the luminance instead of simply re-applying it for the surface texture. To make this even more stylized one would also use a "blocky" blur like box blur, bidirectional blur, surface blur instead of Gaussian.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines