Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images don´t combine when layering

New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I´m trying to create a single image that combines three layers: an image as a base layer then a levels layer (SHADOW: 20, MIDTONE: 1.00, HIGHLIGHT: 240) and finally a gradient layer over that (attached is a screenshot). I´m not sure why they´re not merging into a singel image with all the combined effects. Any tips?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the expected result versus actual result? We also need to see other layers (levels and gradient) settings: opacity and blending modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bojan,

The expected result is for it to look something like this:

Image 16-05-24 at 9.03 a.m..jpeg

The actual result is that none of the layers are combining to give the result above. In the screenshot below all layers are visible yet only the top one is visible.  I have not blended any of the images, and opacity for the gradient is at 100%.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.14.10 a.m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the Gradient and the Blending Mode?

2024-05-17 10_01_01-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gradient Map instead of Overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines