• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Photoshop 2020 Update Save & Save as do nothing. I have to export then i lose EXIF Data

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2020 Update save & save as do nothing. I have to export then i lose EXIF Data.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

As the Save and Save as feature are not working in Photoshop, could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?

Also, could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I reset my preferences. I uninstall and reinstalled. I removed my Wacom Pro drivers. I am on Windows 10 pro. In addition, I couldn't open anything in photoshop unless I opened the file in Bridge. Once I used Bridge, I can at least open an imaage. But can't "save" or "save as". And this is a relatively a fresh install since I had to reinstall Windows over the weekend. I am still adding programs to the "c:" drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I saved a file in PS 2020 I was offered options to save the file on my local machine or in Adobe Creative Cloud. I do not save files to Adobe Cloud so I checked don't show again and clicked on local machine. I no longer get the options to save to the cloud or local machine. Files are saved to my machine and save as doe not strip EXIF meta-data.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Windows10 Pro. "Save" and "Save As" don't work - no pop-up window, nothing at all. Uninstalled (leaving preferences) once, issue remains. Turning "Legacy Compositing" on does nothing. Home screen is totally blank after photoshop starts, just the menues. Exporting images works though - but there's no option to preserve metadata then. Tried resetting the preferences - no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistalled the new version again, removing preferences and manually discarding all traces (hopefully) of the 2020 version; reinstallation resulted in the same issues as reported previously. In addition, open would not work either. Only after dragging and dropping a file into the (still empty) home screen did "open" respond correctly. I uninstalled the 2020 version again as without "save" and "save as" functioning properly, the program is utterly useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you djs321. I did the exact same as you mentioned above and still have the same issues. But for me, in order to get "open" to work, I had to open adobe bridge and open the file there. Once opened in bridge, "open" worked in PS. But still, if I can't get "save" and "save as" to work PS is not use for  me. This is really frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried the cleaner tool, and now I have tried removing everything, all adobe apps, cleaned out Programdata, local and roaming profiles and it is still the same. No new, open, save or save as dialogues. They are kinda the important ones! any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved Here.  I had a backup of CC 2019 on an external drive.  Moved 2020 folder in Programs file to a safe place & replaced it with 2019 folder on my backup.  It Worked Perfectly.  I Miss the new stuff in 2020, but it not worth a broken Program that will not Save or Save As plus Missing Home Screen. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jerry I have just reverted back to CC 2019 too. I hope they spot this soon as there are at least 4 threads on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed the 2020 version, for the first time ever I removed the previous version (not only the 2019 one but also the 2017 and 2018 ones). Turned out to be a major mistake - one I will not make again. I have since reinstalled the 2019 version and if works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see anything in the Recent Files list (assuming it's set to more than zero)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Quite a few, but i'm now on CC 2019, not CC 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have 2020 installed so I've been to check, when it is first opened there is nothing in the File > Open recent, when I open something then this populates with the couple of entries that I have opened in this version. File > Save as does not work. 

If I now close and reopen photoshop 2020 File > Open recent is greyed out again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I had this problem or not while using CC2020.  Looks like Adobe has some work to do to fix 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to the just released version 21.0.1. solved the blank home screen, "save" and "save as" issues for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Install Through CC Desktop App I Get 20.0.0 and Problem Remains.  Is There a Special Place To Get The 

20.0.1 Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I got it. Did you check under Menu "Help" "check for updates" on the CC Desktop App? 20.0.0 is an old version (of photoshop 2019). On my CC Desktop App the order of Photoshop versions is reversed after I unistalled 2020 and reinstalled 2019 - the 20.0.7 version of 2019 comes before the 21.0.1 version of 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  20.0.0 was a typo. I Kept installing 21.0.0, But I Found the Correct Place to look for the Update.  It Installed OK & it Works Correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the same issue. I cannot save or save as on PS 2020. On a mac Catalina. Have reset preferences with no success. What do I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. PS 2020 on Mac OS Catalina. 21.1.3 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here upgraded, now can't save files, running windows 10, tried resetting preferences, still not working, 
Adobe please tell me what use photoshop is if I cannot save any work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have spoken to Adobe, who told me to uninstall Photoshop, run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool  see link
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

then reinstall Adobe creative cloud and Photoshop.
It has worked, and also cleared up a problem I was having where every file I opened had the 'extras' grid on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines