• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Inconsistent color between LR and Photoshop

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There.
I am not sure what happened, but I noticed that unprocessed images look different between LR and Photoshop. In the image below the left one in LR and the right one in Photoshop. The correct color is in LR image. LR profile set to Adobe Color. No LUTs or presets are being used. Adobe color space set to Adobe RGB 1998. I recently reinstalled both applications. Any ideas what setting I am missing, to make sure that photoshop display the same color?

2022-11-28_15-23-07.png
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for @D Fosse 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add to the issues. It only happens for .NEF file imported to Photoshop from LR. I have LR and photoshop set to the same color profiles.

2022-11-28_22-48-59.pngIt only happens when exporting to Photoshop from LR. If I open the same file directly in photoshop the color looks correct. Also when I export from LR to another application (Luminar), the colors look correct. I am using the latest photoshop version Version: 24.0.1 20221111.r.112 a12a934 x64.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example of export from LR to Photoshop and to Luminar. Photoshop image is in the middle.

2022-11-28_17-00-28.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a recent bug where the color profile from Lightroom wasn't always correctly embedded in the Photoshop file. But that wouldn't look like this, not with a ProPhoto file.

This is really odd, it doesn't tick any of the normal boxes. You seem to have a whole bunch of third-party extensions/plugins in Photoshop. Is the image going through any of these? What's Raya Pro 6.0?

Just so we're clear, Lightroom and Photoshop color settings do not need to match. These are color managed applications that should treat any profile correctly. The profile coming out of Lightroom should always override the working space in Photoshop.

So the next link in the chain is the monitor profile. A bad or marginal profile can affect applications differently, one may use the profile correctly and the other choke on it. Are you using a calibrator to make your monitor profile? Which one? If not, can you look through Windows update log and see if maybe you got a manufacturer profile?

Screenshots showing the embedded document profile and your monitor profile would be useful:

notification_2.png

Displayprofile_50_2.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan Pro is just an luminance selection mask application. It does not apply any color correction to the image in photoshop. Also the issue exist when Raya Pro is not installed. I did calibrate the monitors using Datacolor SpyderX Elite.

Here is the screenshot with color profiles between LR and Photoshop

2022-11-29_7-42-36.png

Here is the color profile used by Windows. It is the profile for my calibrated monitor

2022-11-29_7-43-32.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that's the Spyder profile? Did you name the profile when you ran the Spyder? It looks like a monitor profile from LG, and LG is among those manufacturers who frequently ship bad profiles through Windows Update.

But even if that is the Spyder profile, it could still be bad. Spyder has a somewhat poor reputation in some circles (I don't have much experience with it myself).

Try to change your monitor profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in Windows color management. If the difference disappears, you know it's a bad monitor profile. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it loads the profile at application startup.

Other than that, I can see the ProPhoto profile is correctly embedded in the PS file, and that means there's no general problem in the color management chain. If there was, it certainly wouldn't look like this. In that case it would be very drab, desaturated and slightly greenish.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you explain the fact that photo has correct color when exported to other app for edting. I export the photo to Luminar from LR and the colors look correct.

Change the color profile to sRGB, did not fix the issue.
2022-11-29_8-15-26.png

Also I have never had this issue before. Not sure what changed, but at this point I cannot edit exported .NEF images from LR to PS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. Be sure the Spyder software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If the GPU and display profile isn't causing the problem, see:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines