• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert URL into a jpeg

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - does anybody know a way to insert an active URL into a jpeg, which I can then post on social media?

I would like to have a clickable link that will lead directly to a sales page.

I know I can add the link under the image, but is there an easy way to incorporate the active URL?

(I have the latest photoshop, on Mac Monterey 12.6)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

You can do it with a PDF from InDesign, and similar apps.  I don't know of anyway to add hyperlinks to images in Photoshop.  Would it work if you placed the hyperlink in an image caption?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it with a PDF from InDesign, and similar apps.  I don't know of anyway to add hyperlinks to images in Photoshop.  Would it work if you placed the hyperlink in an image caption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images cannot have embedded links and that is that. And it wouldn't work, anyway. As soon as you upload an image to a social web site it gets processed on the server and your link would be replaced with their tracking code, which kind of is the point. They want to know who clicks on your images and where the links go to.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that for making a say - Clickable email signature in Photoshop - using the slice tools, but you'll end up with an HTML file not a JPEG.

Anyway, even if you could, as Mylenium said, the social media websites will strip any external data from the images (In effect, they are creating a copy of your image and display that copy, so no metadata, no extra stuff, nothing)
That said, on Instagram, you can add links as stickers, but in Stories only. I don't know for the other SM platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is impossible. There is nowhere INSIDE a JPEG to put a URL. 

HOWEVER, in a web page, you can add a link including a JPEG on the web page, which might be all you need. 

In an email, look at the features of the Email HTML app you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do that. JPEG does not hold URL's. You can only create HTML, showing the image (or part of the image) as a link.

A link can contain an image, but an image can't contain a link.  https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_a.asp

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines