Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing and Importing Patterns

Guide ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

Inside Photoshop, when I choose Edit- Preset Manager, I only see Preset Type: Tools, and Contours. I don't see any Patterns and Styles. If I click on Adjustment Layer Icon- Pattern Fill, I do see my patterns.

Inside the Presets folder in photoshop: C- Program Files- Adobe- Adobe Photoshop 2020- Presets- Patterns, I only see 5 Patterns. Why all the patterns do not show In the Main Folder?

Which method you recommend Importing Patterns.

Thank you very much

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might be because a couple of years ago Adobe moved pattern management into the new Patterns panel (Window > Pattern) for easier access. You can import patterns there.

Photoshop-22-Patterns-panel.jpg

If you were looking at an older tutorial about patterns, it might not be up to date.

Adobe also moved Gradients and Shapes into their own panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Conrad.

This is the Screenshot of my Patterns.

Thanks.

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. If you click the panel menu as indicated by the circle in my screen shot, you’ll see the Import Patterns command. My screen shot is from Photoshop 2021 (v22).

Your Patterns panel contains more items because at some point, Legacy Patterns and More was selected from that menu to add the old patterns.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the Preset Manager is involved in pattern management any more. I think it is all through the Patterns panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Conrad.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines