• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Photoshop cs5 Trial - Insert Disc?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with the Adobe Photoshop cs5 trial. When I go to install it, I can only get to about 30% before it asks me to put in a disc. I don't have the disc! That's why I downloaded the trial! To TRY it before I BUY it. I have tried the installation more than once, and it stops me at the same point every time, asking for me to put in the disc. Here are screenshots to show what I do:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

And here is my computer information:

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Dimension DIME521

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800

Memory: 1.00 GB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

I use Windows Vista.

Please help me! I want to use the trial, and hopefully buy it after I test it out, but I will not buy it if I can't get this trial to work! I still need to convine my dad to pay the money to get it; and having tested it out would make a really good case. I have read another person's question, much like this, and someone said to move the installation files to the c:// drive or whatever. I think I have it moved there, and it's still not working :'( Any suggestions I will try, or at least look into! So please comment, and help me figure out what is wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the folder on your desk and right click on the .exe file and choose run as Admin.

Turn off any anti virus running. Turn off Windows Defender if running.

I also suspect that you do not have enough RAM on your computer. Considering your OS, anti-virus, Video card RAM is eating up the RAM pretty quick. This does not include other software running in the background. Then PS CS5 needs RAM in order for it to run and also RAM for it to process what you working on. Having low RAM will cause your hard drive to use virtual memory on your hard drive thus causing it to thrash itself. In other words you will not be happy with PS CS5 performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! I ran it as an administrator; still the same result. It gets to 30% and asks for a disc. Also, I did not realize these errors/warnings showed up aswell; perhaps it is helpful in some way? Should I re-download it?

Exit Code: 24

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 26 error(s), 1 warning(s)

WARNING: The payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core  {7DFEBBA4-81E1-425B-BBAA-06E9E5BBD97E} requires a UI parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

ERROR: Set payload canceled status

ERROR: Payload {03B6AF5B-A024-43DE-8DD2-8FB7B6A4149A} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {0D067D13-C3D7-4EA6-B346-740CD91FD547} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {15FEDA5F-141C-4127-8D7E-B962D1742728} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {1D830E80-28A4-11DF-A025-0024E8692489} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {39CB2E53-5326-4939-8B5A-0402C6EFBFE3} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {4438C826-1FD0-4D04-A70B-24FE1580AB21} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {54F4466A-091A-46DA-B697-43D55CEF9DF6} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {56540320-C921-1029-83D9-FE864D1FC1DF} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {6C7D437A-D2E9-4FE9-A4D9-A6329860835C} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {6D96660C-1444-410E-9A84-681C0AFB8937} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {6E505C8F-2896-11DF-9B64-0013724DD917} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {73A4DC5E-226E-42BA-8ECA-2822592AC044} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {78A53622-CDBA-49D1-A3D0-D563FB398D0C} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {7DFEBBA4-81E1-425B-BBAA-06E9E5BBD97E} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {87AFDFF2-D852-4B1F-ABFB-0EAFA5A39B7B} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {8CCA90E1-F5BA-456F-84BF-AD5FB2CCE13F} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {AE9B837F-D135-42FC-BE03-33545B5DCBDC} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {B60B8713-F828-44F9-BEEE-7596F814E540} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {BEC5B482-32A1-43E0-B7F7-9BF9592A1069} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {CBDD7465-CE11-4A58-9497-C370B65923F1} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {D31D91FE-F0E8-4DF1-812C-9400BE92A386} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: Payload {E39A5ABD-516B-46F9-A042-694BBA6A4E08} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe AIR: User canceled installation

ERROR: User cancelled the operation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I will try turning off Windows Defender, if it is on, and try again. I tried it again, turning off the Windows Defender, and it didn't change anything ;__;

I suppose it is possible that I do not have enough RAM, but surely it would still be able to install? I don't have much else going on in the background, except firefox. Perhaps I should try closing it for the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your download is broken.You may want to download the  installer again and retry. Can you please post the complete log, It would help in narrowing down the problem. The log would be lying at

<drive>\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

Since your are installing from your local disk, the only reason you would be seeing this disk prompt is if you do not have the required files in the installer. I would still recommend downloading the installer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest the OP check the BIOS and his Windows Update status. The installer even trying to install 64bit components on a 32bit OS sounds fishy. I suspect that it does so due to an incorrect system DLL for your AMD processor fooling it into thinking it was a 64bit system. You may be able to fix this by installing the right version (may require a manual search in Windows Update) or turning off EMT64 extensions for the processor in the BIOS.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Turn off Windows Defender if running.

That is absolutely not necessary to get Photoshop CS5 to install, and is not good advice in general.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when I was installing CS5 trial on my home computer. I had copied the installation files to a USB drive and was trying to install from there. The way I fixed it was to copy the installation files to C:\ and then restart the installation from there. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with a USB drive is that it is a removable drive and you need to update a configuration file to make this work hence copying to local disk and trying the install works. In this case however the user is trying to install from local disk and still seeing the disk prompt which gives us a reason to believe that the installer is unable to find expected files on the local disk. Exactly the reason why I suggested downloading the installer again and retrying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why using a removable drive should cause problems (Assuming you don't remove it during the installation). The drive is read/write so there shouldn't be any issue updating configuration files, and installation CDs aren't usually writeable anyway. I assumed that there was an issue related to the drive letter, i.e. the installation program assumed that if it wasn't being installed from C: or D: maybe that it was a CD/DVD drive, hence the message. Is there even any way a program can detect that the drive is removable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The volume name/label should match what is present in the setup.xml in the installer. Any mismatch would result in prompting for the media. To allow installation from the USB this file needs to be authored so that the volume names in the setup.xml match the actual label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had d same prob. What I had done was that i downloaded the installer and burned it on a disk for later use. When i tried to reinstall some time later the installer kept asking for the disk. Instead of keeping the installer on the media loaction you have to copy it to your hard drive and run from there.

This problem is mainly caused because the installer detects that the installing is taking place from the disk or any other location and tries to search for the install files there

Hope this resolves all your problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copyng all Files & Folder software in to external hardisc

search *.msi

Install all MSI file (x86 if U using 32 bit)

Then Install The Sofware from external hardisc

the problem fixed !

Succesed !!!!

If you install using dvd or internal hdd this problem not fixed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone, it's been a long time since I've replied. There have been a lot of excellent ideas, and I've been trying them. Here's some of the updates:

I cleaned up my computer a lot, it's running much smoother now (not sure if that's important)

I got more RAM for my computer, it's now got 3 GB

Here's where the installation thing is located on my computer:

<driver>/ Adobe CS5 / Photoshop / Adobe CS5

and then I click 'set-up', and the installation starts.

I downloaded the trial from the Adobe site itself... I guess I can try again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i try this because i want to know first before i buy. how many time i install but still asking insert disk cs5 , i am using mac ver. 10.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You Macintosh users should be asking your questions in the Photoshop Macintosh forum.  You'll be likely to get more direct answers to install problems.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_macintosh

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines