• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing PS CS2 on windows 11

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy a second hand copy of CS2 to install on my windows 11 laptop.  Will this work?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

While yes it would work, it won't work longer than 30 days because Adobe shut down the activation

servers for cs-cs3.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Better to do the Creative Cloud Photography Plan wihich includes Photoshop and Lighroom for

around $9.99 a month or photoshop elements 2023 for around $100.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While yes it would work, it won't work longer than 30 days because Adobe shut down the activation

servers for cs-cs3.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Better to do the Creative Cloud Photography Plan wihich includes Photoshop and Lighroom for

around $9.99 a month or photoshop elements 2023 for around $100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has released a version for registered Users with a universal key for CS2 that does not require an activation server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is only partly true. Such versions were available for download in the past.

Since a couple of years they aren't available anymore. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internet never forgets... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do find a working link, feel free to share it.

I haven't seen a working link in several years,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that would be a good idea since Adobe likes to have this cached page deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I doubt you'll find one anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Shame, I love CS2 and don't want anything more, certainly not having to rent it.  Is there a similar program that I can buy outright for a reasonable cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html

[Edited by moderator as per forum guidelines. This is an Adobe community.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor ...and let's not forget PhotoLine. [Link removed by moderator as per forum guidelines.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, @Ged_Traynor: about this software I had no knowledge of.
Most def going to check it out - at first glance it appears to be a
well-put-together effort in the graphics design & creative depts. I
wonder, was its native language Germ

it would just be so much eaiser fro those of us who've used the may
iterations of CS 2 & on, and to just t leave things as they are & not have
to cause so much strife and exile-ness; I just wish the would go back to
the way things were.

Well,, I'm having a heckuva time just finishing up this note. ... and I've
got hours of work on line left to do, so I'd best not sit around & gab
anymore - won't make any difference, anway!

e
Take care, & see ya on the flp-side;

Cheryl S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, phil26969237es4f:  Good news, my friend:  an insider cool-guru programer friend told me about a completely FREE graphics program that even has GUIs and options "like" Photoshop in its behavior. Of course, you'll probably have to pore over a bunch of help and how-to files like you had to when learning our beloved CS2, but *Gimp* is a totally free download with, from what I can tell, about as many working options as Photoshop.  [Link removed by moderator as per forum guidelines.] I've dived into it a couple of times thus far and even the interface and GUIs look extremely CS2-esque.  But I just got so emotional and upset 1), about not knowing *automatically* where to go next, and 2) about not having CS2 on my new 11 machine that I've just had to stop.  Good thing I've been overloaded with work lately & not had time to devote to my fun/artistic stuff ... or learning to use Gimp. I still want that 'immediate gratification' I get every time I open CS2 on my 10 machine, quickly, neatly and perfectly do what I need to do, and I'm out.  It's so hard when you've gotten used to the software you've depended on for years, then they either yank it out from under you or decide that - suddenly - you  need to pay for it with your life.  OR, first-born graphic, *including* all royalties from it for .. ever!  Best Wishes, my friend ...    

AcıqlıHirsliGIF.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIMP is indeed CS2, albeit arranged a bit weirdly.  I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks and getting more confidence.  The downsides are not being able to preview changes as you try them out (like Transform/ Scale), which is frustrating.  But at least I can use it, whereas until discovering this I felt very angry with Adobe, not having access to this kind of programme.  Now I just have to find an alternative to QuarkXpress 8.1, for book layout and typesetting.  Anyone know of a clone of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affordable alternatives for QXP for book layout and typesetting are Scribus (open source and free) and Affinity Publisher.

If you are getting Affinity Publisher you might as well get the affordable 3-in-1 deal which includes Affinity Photo and Designer as well as Publisher.

You'd have pretty decent Photoshop and Illustrator replacements as well in that case, and the three work seamlessly together (even integrating Photo and Designer in Publisher!).

Affinity Photo is a more serious replacement for Photoshop CS2 than GIMP, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, it would be a solid improvement over CS2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.  GIMP is good but annoying too, in that there's no preview option for most actions.  The Affinity package sounds more what I need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are publishing, TeX is also a (geeky) option that is free.

I'd recommend checking the computer magazine websites, they usually have reviews and recommendations about every year for various categories of software including commercial and free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another great suggestion, this forum really is helpful.   Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, reyek.elfin, for this further elegant suggestion.  Was just not getting on well with Gimp - it's just too - foreign feeling, for me.  I'll be giving Affinity a try, next.  I'm just getting so TIRED of graphics editor shopping ... I just want my CS2 back on my new machine.  Is that really too much to ask?  I think ADOBE should be listening:  get off the $$ horse with all these ridiculous *subscription prices* for miniscule individual/non-commercial single private party users like me, involving strictly personal use.  I'm just not getting UN-mad about it.  😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines