Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Instant Crash - Photoshop - Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue with my PC instantly powering off (no blue screen or anything) very soon after opening Photoshop.  I have recently installed Windows 11, updated everything, and have reset Photoshops settings, but it is still happening.

I definitely have enough hardware, (I9-10xxx, 3080 RTX, 64g ram).

It's a very violent power down almost like you'd expect from a power surge.  

Anyone had similar issues?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing upon launch. As you've tried some troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
Could you try using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to completely remove Photoshop from the computer and then reinstall it through the Creative Cloud Desktop app? 

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to whats happening to me when i try to run some of the new neural filter additions and the object selection. Had to go back to 2021 version. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through the cleanup process and re-installed the 4-5 Adobe products I'm using.  I opened up photoshop, opened a photo, went to see if my preferences (performance) was using my graphics card or not (It was) and then opened up The neural filters and clicked a few of the toggles to ON and again.. the PC just shutoff.  No warning, no crash, no bluescreen, just an instant power down.

Not only does it power off, but it tries to reboot automatically and fails to do so (looks like maybe the monitor isn't loading??).  When I flip the power on and off again after the initial crash and failed auto reboot attempt, it reboots just fine.  

Someone below me in this thread mentioned they were having similar issues with the neural network features.  I hadn't noticed if it was specifically related to this on previous crashes, but it definitely was on this crash.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the PC just powers off instantly (no crash, no blue screen).  So, I don't think I can submit a crash report?  I just went through the cleanup process and re-installed.

I opened an image in photoshop, checked a performance preference setting and opened the neural network menu and clicked a few of the toggles to ON and it instantly shut down again.

It tries to auto-reboot and fails to do so (nothing appears on the screen).  I have to flip the power switch after the initial failed auto reboot and it reboots just fine.  This has happened every time it's done this.  

Someone below mentioned they were having similar issues with the neural network features and I hadn't noticed if it was specifically related to that before, but it definitely was on this last attempt.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.  I just went through the whole cleanup and re install process, opened photoshop and turned on some tabs in the neural network options and it did it again.  I hadn't noticed if it was related to those features before, but it definitely was this time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retrogamer, by chance do use EVGA Precision X1 or afterburner or anything similar? May I ask your graphics card? And is it using the default graphics card bios? 

Just curious if there could be any obvious similarties.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently runing a 30 series card too. I am guessing it might be a driver issue, i am running on the default bios.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still unresolved.  If anyone happens across a fix, I'd be forever grateful!  I just re-installed 2021 version and it still crashed shortly after using the portrait neural network feature.  I've tried both the nvidia studio driver and the regular driver.  Perhaps I'll try an older driver.

It does seem clear that it is not just a strictly me issue, since Retrogamer is/was having the same issue and was actually able to pinpoint that it seems related to the neural network features.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhiDough, are you running bitdefender by any chance?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not.  I did notice that it was also crashing when I used the object selection tool as well.  It also seems to be "stuttering" as I mouse over some of the other various tools.  I've seen people have stuttering issues in the past, but still can't get it working.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the whole system is crashing it's almost certainly a low level failure (hardware or driver) most likely your GPU. Before opening any files, go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last Photoshop update seemed to have worked for me. It hasn't crashed on me since. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem as PhiDough and it was solved for me.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines