Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid serial number!!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can anyone help with this?  I have CS5 Extended which I have had installed on my old pc for about 7 months until the pc crashed and burned.  I admit to buying my copy off e-bay, I make no apologies for that as there is nothing wrong with looking for a bargain.  I made every attempt to verify that it was a genuine unused copy, to the point of having e-mails from the seller should I need to look for redress on this.  The first installation went fine but it would not let me register with Adobe, so I e-mailed the seller again.  The program continued to work so I assumed it was a glitch with the installer ( a lot of people I have spoken have had issues with Adobe installers, especially on Windows based systems).  Forward 7 - 8 months and my pc has crashed and burned, probably from expecting too much from my 9-year old creation.  I now have a new monster with Windows 7 pro instead of XP 32-bit,  SSD's etc., but this is causing no end of problems migrating all my programs, some of which are beyond salvation.  However, like most of you out there, I find Adobe photoshop extremely expensive and cannot write this off.  I look at the packaging, the disc and part numbers (?) for each individual piece of packaging including the 'Genuine Adobe' holographic label, the serial number and I do not believe (nor anyone else that sees it) that my copy is not genuine.  Now upon installation, during the initial instal it accepts my serial number no problem, but when I first use it and am asked to register it, I get the message 'invalid serial number for this product'.  From several threads I have found this seems quite common but have found no answer.  Does anyone have a solution to this before the 'trial' period expires?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

If you DO have a legit copy of PS (most eBay copies are anything but), then I would call Adobe Customer Support in the UK, and discuss the matter. While the Live Chat can be useful, sometimes, it is not quite the same, as talking directly to a knowledgeable Adobe Customer Support representative.

If one received a pirated copy of PS, as a gift, it leaves them out, and in the cold.

Not saying that your particular reseller had pirated copies, but if they had more than one, the likelihood goes way, wa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our situations sound alike. There is one difference. I received a serial # from Adobe for Acrobat. Adobe had me registered for Acrobat Pro 10--I upgraded to the latest. I kept getting a message similar to what you describe--serial number is invalid. The customer service at Adobe (on line is the only option) proved to be the worst I have ever experienced. The also proved true for a 2nd Adobe product (Lightroom) purchased from an authorized reseller. What amazes me is that the customer support and service for products which cost in the 100's of dollars can be so awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our situations sound alike. There is one difference. I received a serial # from Adobe for Acrobat. Adobe had me registered for Acrobat Pro 10--I upgraded to the latest. I kept getting a message similar to what you describe--serial number is invalid. The customer service at Adobe (on line is the only option) proved to be the worst I have ever experienced. The also proved true for a 2nd Adobe product (Lightroom) purchased from an authorized reseller. What amazes me is that the customer support and service for products which cost in the 100's of dollars can be so awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's an Adobe-provided serial number, AND you paid for a one-time license for Acrobat DC, here are two things to check for.

1. There is Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Standard; make sure you have the right one.

2. There is for each of these a "continuous" and a "classic" download. Your serial number works only with the "classic" download.

Note that the 30 day free trial is the continuous version and it cannot be converted into a permanent license. You have to uninstall, download classic, and install that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the forums. So sorry if i do not post the correct way. But I am also having a problem with adobe cs5. I am a Teacher who has purchased my computer and photoshop with our school district a few years back. Which I am sure everything was thrown out by some Teacher who did obviously did not know what was important to save. I purchased a newer version of macbook pro and cannot move my adobe cs5 to my new computer. I opened up the adobe and found the serial number it shows...but adobe is saying it is not the right serial number???? It is not long enough? I have no correct serial number and no license key...please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you bought Photoshop CS5, you would have been asked to register it so that the serial number would be tied to your email/password account with Adobe and would have been accessible. If you decided not to, then Adobe has no idea who you are.

If you open up Photoshop, the serial number you see is missing the last four digits. It's a safeguard against anyone copying it down and using it. The full serial number is 24 digits and encrypted so no clever person can extract it.

CS5 is outdated, never will be updated and is not tested on OSX 10.10 or later. Camera Raw stops at 6.7 and 9.5 is the latest.

Forum members are volunteers and are not authorized to activate your software.

Best bet if you do not have your serial number is to go for the $10 monthly Creative Cloud Photography Plan.

Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pickers, are you sure you spoke to the real Adobe? What number did you call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the number for Tech support listed on the web page which I cannot find anymore.  Dont ask me how I got it it is such a maze on the web site.  If you know a phone number which might help please let me have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines