• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to use a progress bar in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm developing an automation plug-in to Photoshop. It take long time to do the work, I therefore want to start a none modal dialog with a progress bar and a cancel button. I did not find any example of this in the SDK. Is it possible to use any of the functions in the PIProgressSuite.h for this kind of dialog?

Regards,
Mattias
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the the Progress Suite is acquired from an automation plug-in, only a subset of its routines are available. For instance, TestAbortProc is available, but UpdateProgress is not. I haven't tried the Progress_* routines, so I don't know whether they're available or not. The documentation on the topic is scarce, and there are no relevant examples in the SDK. After searching around for a while, I decided it would be quicker to implement my own (OS-specific) progress bar.

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2008 Apr 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't think you will have much luck with the progress suite. It is used for one operation that your plug-in would control. You are probably using multiple Photoshop events and want to sum them up in a progress bar. Ideally you would want a double progress bar, one for the overall progress and one for the step progress. Unfortunately, the progress suite will get reset with each process that Photoshop tries to show progress for. Your best bet is to just use an OS progress bar in your dialog. Figuring out the progress will be dificult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines