• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is not letting me make more layer

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I try to make layer is not letting me so basickly is not letting me do anything to my photos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information to help you. What version of Photoshop are you using? What is your operating system? What method are you using to create a new layer? Sharing a screen capture of what you see might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your image isn't in index color mode, bitmap, or some other mode that doesn't allow layers. Use RGB or CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Chuck would agree that you should be using the RGB color mode (not CMYK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek Cross wrote:

I'm sure Chuck would agree that you should be using the RGB color mode (not CMYK).

That would depend on the final output. Which they didn't mention. But in general yeah, RGB. but some printing services may request it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You always work in RGB and make a copy from it  in the unlikely event you need to supply an image in CMYK. That way you keep your flexibilty for various outputs such as using it for the web or for printing to a desktop color printer which may be CMYK + and whose software will do the conversion itself and get a wider gamut than CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Yes, RGB. Just mentioned CMYK as some other color mode that allows layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you get this resolved, Linda? If not, please post a screen shot of your entire Photoshop Window with the Layers panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines