• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the MacBook M3 Powerful Enough for Professional Photoshop Use?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been considering upgrading to the new MacBook M3, but I'm concerned about its performance with Adobe Photoshop, particularly for professional-grade tasks. Can anyone share their experiences or insights on how well the M3 handles intensive Photoshop workflows, such as high-resolution image editing, applying multiple layers, and using advanced filters and effects? I'm trying to determine if it's a viable option for a professional environment or if I should look into a more powerful machine.

https://community.adobe.com//

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Info.383312791yq7 really depends on which MacBook M3 you're referring too, Mac's are notoriously expensive for what you get compared to a Windows PC/Laptop.

A standard Mac M3 Pro with only 8GB of RAM is over 2000 euro, which is a crazy price.

2024-07-06 13_57_21-Buy 14-inch MacBook Pro with M3 - Apple (IE) — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, I recently got a MacBook Pro with the M2 Pro, and it runs Photoshop very nicely.  It takes probably twice as long as my i9 13900K Windows system to run a complex filter, but as far as userbility and the UI, the MBP is way faster.  You know I use actions to set and reset workspaces.  The Windows system took about half a second to do that when new, but has slowed to a full second a year later when clogged up with lots of background processes. Well the Mac is totally instant!  I hit F5 and BANG! it's done.  

I have also run Premiere Pro and Illustrator on the Mac and both are absolutely usable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure you pay a bit more and have at least 16GB of RAM and extra hard disk storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek Cross Apple charge an additional €230 for an extra 8GB of RAM 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, I paid for it myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines