• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to the "Aligned" checkbox toggle for the Clone Stamp?

Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot-2022-05-09-190337.jpg

Looking for a way to possibly assign a keyboard shortcut to toggle "Aligned" on/off when I'm using my Clone Stamp.  I've scoured the menus and did an exhaustive search of the shortcuts and menu options but maybe I've missed it?  ...or it's not possible?

If it's not possible, no big deal. My solution to the problem was to create a series of Brush Presets with all the tool info in them and that's fine...but I use a 32-button device for hotkeys/macros/multiple actions that speeds up my workflow like mad. It'd be great to be able to hit the toggle button with my pinky while continuing to clone uninterrupted. 

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it!

Currently using 23.3.1 and Beta 23.4.0

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Please try this one … 

// thanks to Oleksii Hirlin;
// switch aligned-setting for clone stamp tool;
// 2022, use it at your own risk;
if (getCurrentTool() == "cloneStampTool") {
var ref = new ActionReference();
ref.putProperty(stringIDToTypeID('property'), stringIDToTypeID("currentToolOptions"));
ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID("capp"), charIDToTypeID("Ordn"), charIDToTypeID("Trgt") ); 
var applicationDesc = executeActionGet(ref);
var currentToolS = applicationDesc.getObjectValue(stringIDToTyp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the top of your head, do you have any suggestions in terms of use cases?  I'm scouring that message board right now...hadn't heard of XMBC until you. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows recognises left, right, middle (incl. 2 sides tilt and 2 directions roll), 4th and 5th keys. XMBC lets configure them by using with simulated keys so rows of sequent commands. You can also make delayed clicks, that is a click will do something else than half second click or else longer press. Beside 9 kind of clicks, for ex. pressed, released, sticky you can combine few buttons to trigger another action, like held left with clicked right or and vice versa. You may also use short command to execute .jsx snippet I provided, so without taking your pinky from mouse. There is other stuff, like mouse layers to have the same button related to many functions, depending how many layers you programmed etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's incredible...especially being able to execute .jsx snippets. Looking forward to finding out how far you can push it. Thanks for introducing me to it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Peter James Zielinski  your workflow does deserve to be hightlighted. did you write a blog post about it, or record a video? It might be useful to many other users than hidden in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winner winner chicken dinner! 

This did it. I'm not sure what differed from the original (went back and tried and it still doesn't work). But the above version instantly worked...was able to record it into an Action and then turn it into a one-button press on my Stream Deck. 

Thank you so much for your work and all your help. Beyond appreciated. 🙂 

Sorry, my original approach was not fully thought through. 

The currentToolOptions for the Clone Stamp Tool are not static but their length (and therefore the index of the »Aligned«-setting) also depends on the Brush Settings. 

Glad it worked out after all … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler – Great job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currentTool = 'cloneStampTool'
cTT = charIDToTypeID, sTT = stringIDToTypeID;
(r1 = new ActionReference()).putProperty(sTT('property'), t = sTT('tool'))
r1.putClass(sTT('application')); typeIDToStringID((d1 = executeActionGet(r1))
.getEnumerationType(t))&&((r2=new ActionReference()).putClass(sTT(currentTool)),
cto = (d2 = executeActionGet(r1)).getObjectValue(sTT('currentToolOptions')),
d2.putBoolean(algn = cTT('StmA'), !cto.getBoolean(algn)),
d1.putReference(nul = sTT('null'), r2),
d1.putObject(sTT('to'), nul, d2),
executeAction(sTT('set'), d1))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An even quicker response when switching between toggle states. Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines