• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to set the length of a Generative Fill in the Photoshop Timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I've been using Photoshop with video using the Timeline view. I use Generative Fill quite extensively to clean up frames by going frame by frame. Often I need to use generative fill if the Spot Healing tool isn't working well enough.

As of right now - everytime I make a generative fill, it will default to 50 frames on the Timeline. Since I'm going frame by frame, I want the Generative Fill to only be 1 frame. Everytime I make a fill, I have to go down to the Timline and shorten it to 1 frame. This can be quite repetitive and cumbersome.

Is there a way to set the default length to only 1 frame? Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no answer, but I am wondering if that workflow is going to use a Generative Credit with each application?

Is the oject you are trying to affect stationary in the clip or in motion?  I'm sure you realise that if the former, you can place a layer/frame higher up the layer stack and timeline?  It might be easier if we could see a screen shot, or better still, some video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Timeline, Options Bar, …) visible? 

For a clip of 50 frames I wonder if After Effects (or Premiere) might not offer a more efficient approach. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried unchecking »New Layers Visible in All Frames«? 

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 09.39.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines