• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this possible to draw rectangle using Fixed Ratio based on the product...?

Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Is this possible to draw rectangle selection using Fixed Ratio("2:3" or "4:5") based on the product...?

I have T-Shirt image on the background and I need to draw rectangle using Fixed Ratio based on the Tshirt.

Note: I get Height and Width of T-shirt which is from Overall T-shirt Path

Anyone Please guide me to complete this task. Thanks in advance.

-yajiv

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did that path get created? Is it of a t-shirt on a flat surface? Is it long or short? Sleeved or sleeveless? It easy to create fixed aspect ratio selections and path.  You still need to know what size you want and where you want then to be.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply JJ Mack,

Yes I put manual path on t-shirts which is placed on flat surface background. The size of T-shirt may vary on height or width. I need to draw 2:3 fixed ratio rectangle selection on the t-shirts. Waiting for your suggestion..?

Note: the fixed ratio section biger than t-shirts height and width.

-yajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

natrev wrote:

Thanks for your reply JJ Mack,

Yes I put manual path on t-shirts which is placed on flat surface background. The size of T-shirt may vary on height or width. I need to draw 2:3 fixed ratio rectangle selection on the t-shirts. Waiting for your suggestion..?

Note: the fixed ratio section biger than t-shirts height and width.

-yajiv

If your making a manual path for the t-shirts why not make a manual 3:2 aspect selection or path instead.  You can set the rectangle marquee tool to a fixed 3:2 aspect ratio mode and drag out a 3:2 selection on tthe t-shirt and reposition it.  The selection can be turned into a path if you need a path. It would be much easier then using the pen tool to create a path for the t-shirt.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again thanks for your reply JJ Mack,

If I make a manual 3:2 aspect selection, sometime made mistakenly went to wrong (unfortunate manually adjust the selection using transform)

Thats the reason I need to automate the 3:2 aspect ratio based on the product (t-shirt) selection. I don't know how the calculation 3:2 aspect ratio work on.

Please guide me to complete this task. Thanks in advance.

-yajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you make a 3:2 selection with the selection tool set to fixed Aspect ratio or make an automated 3:2 aspect ratio selection. You can use the transform tool to adjust its size and location while constrain it to the 3:2 aspect ration by holding down the constraining modifier  Shift key. Even if you make an automated 3:2 aspect selection within the path you manually make. You would still need to manually adjust the selection. For you state  that paths differ for t-shirts sizes and most likely styles change. Long. Short, sleeved and sleeveless etc.  All you can easily get for a path is its bounds the max with and height.  Where you want the 3:2 selection will differ as will the size you want you may not be able to tell size.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes JJ Mack,

Absolutely correct, that's the reason I need that 2:3 calculation formula and how it derived start to end.

After that I can draw a rectangle 2:3 as per T-shirt based on the height or width. Thanks in advance.

-yajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you have lost me the formula is a 2:3 ratio.  Where the start and end point the top left and bottom right point which will be some place within the path.  Where the top left point will be can vary  it depend on the t-shirt size and design. The bottom right point also depend on the t-shirt size and design.  There is no way to know from the bounds of the t-shirt path where the starting point should be located.  You stated that the path creation is a manual thing.  I suggested you should just do the 2:3 selection manually instead.  I still feel that is what you should do.  IMO a path for the t-shirt is not useful  all you know from that is the boundaries the t-shirt has and its position over the canvas.  You do not have information for locating the chest area.  You would need some complex logic to analyze the t-shirt path shape to be able to pinpoint the chest area,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again thanks for your reply JJ Mack,

I tried, but I can't able make it perfect. Alternatively, I tired one code, But Its draw very little rectangle.

Can you fix it if possible...?

Anyone help me, let me come this problem..

-yajiv

main();

function main(){

if(!documents.length) return;

var strtRulerUnits = app.preferences.rulerUnits;

var strtTypeUnits = app.preferences.typeUnits;

app.preferences.rulerUnits = Units.INCHES;

app.preferences.typeUnits = TypeUnits.PIXELS;

var docRef = app.activeDocument;

docRef.selection.load(docRef.channels.getByName("ol"), SelectionType.REPLACE, false);

var bounds=docRef.selection.bounds;

var W = Number(bounds[2] - bounds[0]);

var H = Number(bounds[3] - bounds[1]);

docRef.selection.expand(45.0);

var Nbounds=docRef.selection.bounds;

docRef.selection.deselect();

var NW = Number(Nbounds[2] - Nbounds[0]);

var NH = Number(Nbounds[3] - Nbounds[1]);

NHeight=NW*1.5;// New Height with 2:3 ratio  

x=Number(NHeight)-Number(NH); Difference

Left=Nbounds[0];

Top=Nbounds[1];

Right=Nbounds[2];

Bottom=Nbounds[3]+x;

var WD=Right-Left;

var HI=Bottom-Top;

alert(Left+"\t"+Top+"\t"+Right+"\t"+Bottom+"\n"+WD+"\t"+HI);

docRef.selection.select([[Left,Top],[Right,Top],[Right,Bottom],[Left,Bottom]], SelectionType.REPLACE, 0, false);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is easy to make a aspect ratio selection.  The Problem here is you have no way to know what size the selection should be or where it should be located.   Your making a Path around an image of a t-shirt manually.  You seem to think that will help you solve your problem.   The thing is I do not see that helping with your problem.  It is easer and quicker to just make a manual aspect ratio selection over the t-shirt image chest area.

T-shirt bounds will not help.  The bounds are the top of the neck, bottom shirt tail, left and right sleeves.   T-shirts vary in sleeve style, neck style, body width and also in shirt length.  Many styles of T-shirts will have the same bound. automating a 3:2 selection based on t-shirt bounds will not be satisfactory considering t-shirt styles.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/AspectRatioSelection.jsx

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines