• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Isometric tiles

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am programming in Unity. I'm doing tutorials on isometric worlds. I have read that it's a good idea to create tiles of 64x64 in general but I am trying to create scenes from this game.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G9BuYGNvDEE/maxresdefault.jpg

This screenshot is zoomed in and I can't see any pixelation on the tiles. If I create them at 64x64 they would lose resolution on zooming in. 64x64 is tiny.

Hopefull there are some isometric experts on here lol. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom in on a bitmap IT WILL PIXELLATE. This is by definition and design, it's impossible to have anything else.

If you have an image that scales beautifully to any size then one of these applies:

* it isn't an image, but a vector rendering

* it is an image but it is large size

* it is a set of images at different sizes

The picture you posted is pixellated and has bad JPEG artefacts. It is an image type for which JPEG is a bad choice... It doesn't look nice at all, to me, but everything is subjective and what matters is what your audience expects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS the word "pixellate" has a very specific meaning but on the internet people use it for every kind of thing they don't like to see in an image. Be cautious of using it to describe what you see unless you fully understand the original meaning. Otherwise it's best to just say you don't like the quality because (reason).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I assume 64x64 is the number of tiles within the world. 64 pixels they don't have enough density to get the proper details that you want, you might want to experiment with different tiles on the power of 2 (128,256,512...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines