Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Photoshop 2024 with Mac OS Sonoma

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've got some problem regarding photoshop 2024 with my iMac 5K that i've recentely update to mac os Sonoma! 

While im working, the pointer ( No matter what tools i use ) it costantly glich between the normal arrow point and the tool that im using. 

At the beginnig, it had happen just a couple of time, but right now it always does! and its becoming very annoing! 

It never had happen before, all it started when i update my computer to mac os Sonoma.

Theres someone that have the same trouble? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Turn off spring-loaded shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am also having this same problem.

I have a 16" Macbook Pro 2021 running Mac OS: Sonoma 14.0

When I press the "b" for brush or "e" for eraser, it will keep bouncing back to the tool over and over again. It has significantly slowed down my workflow because the only work-around is having to press the actual tools with my pen (I'm using a Pen Display).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing same issue. Along with the mouse acts crazy in Liquify. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use any filters, such as sharpenig or blurring, since Sonoma....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off spring-loaded shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!! This fixed the "issue" for me. You're a life saver! 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't help for my filter-issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a new thread with filter issues, since its a different problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same issue with Photoshop 2024 on my iMac 5K after updating to macOS Sonoma. The cursor keeps glitching between the normal arrow and the tool I'm using, making it quite frustrating to work. This problem started only after the macOS update, and it's becoming increasingly annoying.

Is anyone else facing this issue and has found a solution?

(Signature removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
since I installed Sonoma 14.0. I have a similar problem with Photoshop 2024 on my iMac. For all tools, only the hand symbol is visible and does not change to the arrowhead and therefore no editing can be carried out.
Should you reinstall Ventura if Apple doesn't have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just Sonoma... This is happening for me in VENTURA as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I founded this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-sonoma-compatibility-common-issues.html

We're currently in the process of testing and optimizing our latest apps to run on macOS 14 Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just moved back from macOS Sonoma to Ventura because I think Photoshop 2024 runs better in Ventura. I had problems with the liquefy filter brush moving uncontrollably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I am having so many issues - when will we get an update?  My Mac won't go back to the old OS, I've tried using the directions they say but it does not work.  Photoshop is so slow and buggy now.  GEEZ help Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ps 2024 is super laggy with Sonoma on my 2019 MacBook pro. Everything is lagging, moving the canvas, the brushes etc. even on smaller canvases, is there a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My temporary fix for this is pressing 'F' and use it in fullscreen mod. Try that if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if it helps, but I had a few problems with adobe apps on sonoma and it seems that turning "ON" application frame fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have that same! crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to both Sonoma and Photoshop 2024. I can't use any tools at all. Everytime I click on a tool for use, the window swipes/disappears to the left. I also cannot select a tool using a letter shortcut- for example "B" for brush. On top of this my wacom tablet has freaked out and can't coordinate with photoshop. If you go to the driver section of Wacom, they are scrambling to post all sorts of convoluted bandaid solutions. I tried them and was able to get the cursor to respond, but can't use the pen in conjunction with any default photoshop shortcuts. WTF- this is my livelihood!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my Gosh- I turned on Application Frame (which I normally disable) and the tool selection process is solved! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom coordination with photoshop default shortcuts is still a no go though. For example, "Option click" when selecting an area to clone, or "Option clicking" on a layer for a clipping mask. There are some new ways for selcting masks directly and a 3 key shortcut for clipping masks, but trouble with the clone tool and some other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant work like that! color sample tool - not working, liqufy - not working right! what to do!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble saving too. It gets stuck while recording and the program freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, with the upgrade to Sonoma on iMac frames jump to the edges? That never used to happen and is NOT a good feature. Also, every time I attempt to select a Photoshop tool the entire image and all tools disappear to the edge. Something is really wrong here, and the biggestg frustration I have with ADOBE is that there is no customer service number to call for troubleshooting. Talk about a love/hate relationship...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press B for brush it defaults every time to the pencil tool which I never use, and slows me down. Does anyone know a workaround for this? I tried establishing brush presets, but this wasnt relevant to the problem. Between this and other glitches, plus Wacom's new driver bug for Intuos Pro (modifiers dont work at all when using the pen tool- they say they are working on it), my business is hurting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines