• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with PS CS6 crashing but CS6 InDesign and CS6 Illustrator both working - help!

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling my Mac OS and doing my backup, my CS6 Photoshop keeps crashing. CS6 Illustrator and CS6 InDesign are all working but CS6 Photoshop is a non starter. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but without success. Here are details of the crash report. Is there anything we can do to get it working? If not, can I run Photoshop Creative Cloud alongside CS6 InDesign and CS6 Illustrator or will there be incompatability issues? Would I need to switch all of them over to Creative Cloud? Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash report mentions the White Window plugin, which was needed on some earlier Mac OS and photoshop cs6, but i don't believe it's needed when running ps cs6 on Mojave 10.14.

Go to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins and look for the OSXCompatibility.plugin.

If it's there put a ~tilde in front of the name to disable it and see if ps cs6 runs.

The OSXCompatibility.plugin might also be in

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much we will give it a go! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff that's done it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Phew! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is running happily again - thanks very much! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to here it.

Your welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines