Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG image background turns pink instead of white

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having trouble uploading a JPEG image within a PDF document to have a white background, see below the colour it turns when added into a PDF.

When saving the JPEG it looks fine but when it's added into a PDF that's the problem.

I would be appreciated if someone could help!

CX20.JPG

Thank you,

Becky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the white background layer in photoshop and saving the image as a transparent .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi both,

Thank you for your replies.

I'd really appreciate it if you could have a quick look at my document to see what the problem is, please find below:

Dropbox - CX20

Many thanks,

Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded your file. Have you altered this in anyway since our responses? I just see the shape with no background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I exported the file to be a JPEG which looks fine with the white background automatically added in but when it's added to a PDF it turns a different colour.

Kind Regards,

Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add it to a PDF? 100% White should never change the colour.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting a solution since it's still unanswered and this has been driving me crazy too!!

Issue: Images exported as JPG from Photoshop have a white background, but when added into another document format (PDF, MS Word, Pages, Outlook...) the white background displays as pink.

Solution: Turn off (uncheck) the "Export > Color Space > Convert to sRGB" option in Photoshop Preferences, also available on the Export As > JPG screen.

Hope that helps others!

------------------------------------

find me at paulapatrice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP@PPwebTech  wrote

Turn off (uncheck) the "Export > Color Space > Convert to sRGB" option in Photoshop Preferences, also available on the Export As > JPG screen.

This is nonsense advice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not nonsense at all, this worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paige:

I'll make a wild guess that the background color is actually pink, and you just aren't seeing it in Photoshop without a white edge to compare it to. I'm making this guess after watching countless students try to select white in the Color picker and picking a very light pink instead.

When I ask a new student to pick white, they invariably click in the vicinity of white, which gives them pink with the default colors.

Screenshot 2017-12-05 08.46.58.png

This is my opportunity to teach them how to read white using one the color models on the right, usually RGB or HEX, depending on their backgrounds. In RGB, white is 255 255 255 and in HEX it's ffffff.

Screenshot 2017-12-05 08.46.37.png

If you want to test this theory, open Window > Info and select the Eyedropper tool. Click on the background color: does the info panel show white via the numbers displayed in RGB or HEX?

Now to fix it, you can either select the pink and replace it with white or remove the background altogether as per Wildcat4. Let us know if you need a hand.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb is correct. Using a Mozilla color picker plugin, I found that your background is actually #FDFBFC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can also use Photoshop's eyedropper tool to sample the background color from Paige's image here and you get #fdfbfc as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah no, you both misread my original post. I stated that my screenshot was the color it turned when adding to a PDF. I assure you that the original white hex #ffffff turned pink - the color Wildcat54 verified above - after exporting with PS managing the rSRG color,.

I also had the issue when posting to websites, as  heidilc717 posted below. 

Glad to see my OP with the solution has helped people over the years! The issue doesn't exist in recent versions of PS, so the best solution is to upgrade your PS version!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is 2+ years later, but I'm wondering if anyone else is still having this problem.  We are experiencing this only when the images are loaded to a particular website.  We've reached out to the site developers for help and they have no idea.

I disagree that Paige's original image was probably pink. She just sent how it's displaying.  A couple of our images are below, the original photos first, and then the way it displays on the site, which show the obvious difference.  You can see that the original background of the blue loveseat was #ffffff and yet it shows very pink when it's uploaded.

Any idea what is going on??

pink_examples.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines