Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jumbotron project - File Sizing and Exporting

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am creating a welcome png for a Jumbotron at a hockey stadium. When creating this, is it best to set your canvas size to the dimensions of the screen it will be showcased on? Or is it possible to create in on a smaller canvas and when exporting - save it as a larger image size.  I'm also concerned it will become pixelated as the imported logos are pngs. If it's going to be blown up, is it better to use the vector files? 

I believe the width will be around 20 ft and my computer can't handle this file size / not enough scratch disc space. 

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How fun! I'm a hockey fan. The Jumbotron manufacturer has specs. There are several manufacturers and new/old technology and software that you'll have to consider to know the resolution and color specs of their output. It also depends on the content of your welcome message. If just text, vector is going to be best. If there are graphics/images/animation/video then there are plenty of other things to take into consideration. You should get the exact sign and software info and get specs that look something like this: Size to 4920 pixels by 1800 pixels. Displays should be less than 200 dpi and less than 100 mb.

Then, I would create your canvas size to that exact spec. It's never great to start small and uprez. Hope that helps and more people will chime in here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks so much Jain!

No animation, just a few logos, an image as background, some shapes, and a "welcome to the" text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that, sorry, I read too fast. Yes you want your logos and text to be vector. Depending on the image I don't know how small you can go with it before it breaks up on the screen. You will need the specs to be sure so you don't overload your system or create a file size that is too big. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, this was a big help!

- Mia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem! Let us know if you need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines