• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts not working in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CC through Creatuve cloud.  My keyboard shortcuts stop working, then photoshop really slows down, then crashes.  I've been through Adobe support five times now, and it works for about 1/2 hour, then acts up again.  Any suggestions/reciommendations?  Thanks - Wendy Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it sucks.Where's the solution to the problem? Did anyone ever figure this out?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution which worked for me in CS6, is to install the WhiteWindow.plugin

Do a Google search for WhiteWindow.plugin

Or follow this path:

Photoshop Help > Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

The way things are set up here, I am not allowed to post the link to the page. I installed it and it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works - what a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same crappy experience as you, @sdahdal. Using photoshop every day for work, but the problems started yesterday. after selecting a new layer I cannot switch tools via shortcuts (or rather, sometimes it works just fine, others not. Very inconsistent behaviour), UNTIL I click outside the layers panel onto the workspace. The file I was working on when this started had font issues where photoshop wanted me to replace a missing font, just like jonhenry.righter mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. Shortcuts go randomly crazy. Can't use them for a while and need to play around with other opened apps until Photoshop works again... I killed Spotify, Chrome, and any other apps but nothing changed.

I'm also experiencing strange behaviors with text boxes...

OS X 10.8.5 / i7 / 8Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too am having these troubles.   CC2014  intuos 3 wacom with upto date driver.    os 10.9.5    Zoom keys not working.      B for brush does nothing....   i have been using photoshop since day one  guys,  so that makes me older than most of the folks that work there....

this is a brand new  fancy mac pro for me......   top of the line...  all decked out..   my older machine is running os Lion 10.7.5.  same CC 2014 same wacom intuos 3 , same driver......    no problems..

so i think the bad guy is Mavericks......

i am really frustrated.  i just shelled out a ton of money for this fancy new mac pro....  suppose to speed up my photoshop work flow... i am a professional... time is money... and i am

clicking in and out of photoshop like i have a twitch.... trying to get my darn quick keys to work.....   at this rate my old mac pro is faster........   yikes........   someone has to fix this asap.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you confirm that the Layer Style drop-down seems to be the root of this?

a few times (less than 5), i had my left hand on the wrong home row, and accidentally pressed a bunch of nonsense resulting in space + mouse-drag bringing up a weird zoom window instead of just moving the canvas.

but for the most part it's unresponsive keyboard shortcuts that fix themselves once i click out of PS....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still have the problem keyboard shortcuts stop working after 1/2 hour working, any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all! Just wanted to add my name to this list of people having problems with unresponsive keyboard commands when  trying to access the tool bar. I've gone so far as to erase my HD and clean install Yosemite and PS but with no positive result. Hope the engineers get to this soon! All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found, that at least in my case, the problem has to do with the WACOM tablet. If I just use the mouse the problem does or has not yet returned. Check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too think the WACOM driver is at fault. We are having awful problems with the screen view skipping around in InDesign when using the Wacom, but connect a mouse and it doesn't happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was given this link where you will find a plugin which will solve the problem but I am not able to post it here. In

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

look for:

WhiteWindow.plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the growing list of people with keyboard shortcuts not working, or working only sporadically.  I'm using an iMac with Yosemite installed, I also have a Wacom tablet installed.  Sometimes I can't use a keyboard shortcut to select or switch tools, or change layer opacity, or clone, etc., etc., etc.  It's not a consistent problem, but it occurs more than 50% of the time I spend on Photoshop. 

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Wacom tablet -- although the problem also occurs when I use a mouse -- as well as updated Wacom drivers.  I have reset Photoshop preferences numerous times.  I have installed the WhiteWindow plugin. 

None of these "solutions" works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing keyboard shortcuts intermittently not responding on both my home and office PC. One is running Windows 7 and the other 8.1. Already tried re-installing and still the issue is not fixed. This started happening when I updated to 14.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, its only the zoom out shortcut (command - ) that doesn't work. Zoom in works fine and when I hit the "z" key to switch the magnifying tool it works OK. Very weird. 

And it seems to randomly work and then not for a while. Restarting computer doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I recently got a new WASD keyboard and now all my shortcuts stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac user:

The same problem here! keyboard shortcuts stop working randomly... some time they work, other time they are not responsive. It has started recently as I upgraded to Yosemite. It is frustrating, I mean frustrating. look forward to hearing something from the staff with this regard. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Photoshop CC or older, install the WhiteWindowWorkaround plugin.

And install the MacOS 10.10.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither the WhiteWindowWorkaround nor the MacOS 10.10.1 update solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue while having both Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC open, working with an exported smart clip from Lightroom to Photoshop. Once I closed Lightroom all keyboard shortcuts magically started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish closing LR worked for me, but no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issues were resolved with the new Photoshop CC (2014) release–which is a massive step forward by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah me too. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Photoshop CC 2014 release didn't resolve the problem for men -- none of the suggestions offered have worked.  I recently had to reset my PS preferences, and now it's even worse.  Makes it all the more maddening that it's so sporadic.  How exciting -- it's like gambling, you never know if a keyboard shortcut will work!  (And like gambling, you usually lose.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix? latest update made it worse for me too. Shortcuts stop working immediately for me after I cycle through the fullscreen modes through F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines