• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords in photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not necessarily a beginner but I'm close to, I've been on and off with photoshop for years but now that I'm more into editing my photos, I've been adding copyrights and keywords to my photos. I've exported the images with copyright and keyword but when I open the inspector on the images there are no keywords present in the keywords tab but my copyright shows. So when I export the images, is there a way to see if the keywords are attached to the photo or is it just something I can't see? I feel this may have been explained but I have found anything after about an hour of watching videos and research. If anybody could answer this for me it'd be much appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Export As is one of the commands I was referring to when I replied:

@Conrad C wrote:

Some of the export commands are designed for web/mobile graphics, where some metadata is not included to help minimize the file size.

To include all metadata you have to use one of the commands Stephen mentioned at the end of his reply; if you use Export Save for Web (Legacy) then in its Metadata menu, you must choose “All”.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which command did you use to export? Some of the export commands are designed for web/mobile graphics, where some metadata is not included to help minimize the file size. Some export commands have an option for including the metadata, so if one of those was used, you’d want to make sure that option was enabled.

@Gregory222655517ll3 wrote:

is there a way to see if the keywords are attached to the photo or is it just something I can't see?

Keywords and other metadata are exported using the IPTC industry standard, so if keywords are in there many other applications should see them, including but certainly not limited to:

Apple Finder (File > Get Info, More Info panel)

Apple Preview (Tools > Show Inspector, More Info tab, IPTC)

Adobe Bridge and Adobe Lightroom Classic (Metadata panel)

Windows Explorer (desktop), in Properties

Some websites, such as Flickr and stock photo websites, can read IPTC keywords in images and display them on the web page next to the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just went to file> export> export as and exported them but it shows in photoshop all the metadata but when I get info on the file or use the inspector, none of them show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export As does not include XMP-dc:Subject or legacy IPTC:Keyword metadata.

meta.png

You will need to use Export > Save for Web (Legacy) or File > Save As/Save As a Copy with file formats that do support this metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export As is one of the commands I was referring to when I replied:

@Conrad C wrote:

Some of the export commands are designed for web/mobile graphics, where some metadata is not included to help minimize the file size.

To include all metadata you have to use one of the commands Stephen mentioned at the end of his reply; if you use Export Save for Web (Legacy) then in its Metadata menu, you must choose “All”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines