• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag with Font preview (1300+) Ps 2022, 21 & 20 on Win 10 - 2019 OK

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022, 2021 and 2020 experience lag in the whole application. Clicking anything takes 2 to 3 seconds to respond, the menus, any tool, even the Window to open a new file. The effect comes and goes while using the application, Task manager shows plenty of available resources in CPU, RAM and GPU. Like 70%+ still available in each. I have about 400GB available on the cache drive and installation drive.

Photoshop 2019 is the last version I can run that doesn't experience lag.

No other applications experience lag while Photoshop is lagging.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home, latest update.

I-9 9900K

ROG Z370-F motherboard

32GB RAM

Galax RTX 2080 Ti GPU - latest drivers

Main drive is M.2 SSD, other drive is standard SSD.

This issue has been ongoing for 2-3 years, every so often I install the latest Photoshop to see if it's fixed. It's not, so I go back to using 2019. I always use the latest GPU drivers, but I've tried both standard Nvidia driver and their Studio driver... neither fix the issue. I've even used the Nvidia driver cleanout tool to install latest drivers.

I have completely reset my preferences in 2022, lost all my templates, brushes, gradients etc and settings at default. I reset using the start up hotkey, and also from the Preferences menu to make sure.

This issue seems to be a problem with lots of people, probably an app conflicting with it but I can't seem to find which.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Righto. Font Preview > "None" has fixed the issue. The lag stops immediately.

I ran the Font Test script in that troubleshooting guide and all 1300 fonts passed. I also cleared the Font Cache with the tool. After relaunching Photoshop the Text Tool was not causing lag, but as soon as I enabled Font Preview again the lag started immediately.

So it would seem when the Text Engine is enabled the Font Previews are being processed for a few minutes which is causing the lag. I thought this is the purp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Righto. Font Preview > "None" has fixed the issue. The lag stops immediately.

I ran the Font Test script in that troubleshooting guide and all 1300 fonts passed. I also cleared the Font Cache with the tool. After relaunching Photoshop the Text Tool was not causing lag, but as soon as I enabled Font Preview again the lag started immediately.

So it would seem when the Text Engine is enabled the Font Previews are being processed for a few minutes which is causing the lag. I thought this is the purpose of a cache, but perhaps 1300 fonts is too many.

Honestly I don't need Font Preview, so I'll leave it disabled, but maybe one day I'll try culling some fonts and test it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm converting this thread to a bug report and changing the title with more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old is your computer... just asking.  As that can play a factor too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old? Which component specifically? I upgrade parts and replace as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我也认为PS 2019是最后一个不卡顿的版本,很多问题都是从PS 2020开始,到现在我感觉Adobe已经不在乎了,或许他们自己根本不用这些软件,或者他们使用的是超级计算机所以根本感受不到卡顿。
I also think PS 2019 is the last version without lag, Many problems started with PS 2020. Now I feel that Adobe doesn't care anymore. Maybe they don't use these software at all, or they use supercomputers, so they can't feel lag at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines