• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso Tool Glitch

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with lasso tool. When I try to crop images, it will pick random spots. I've tried to reinstall but its still having the issue. Please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ruku2k!!

Exact same issue here. Mine picks random spots on the left hand side of the screen

When I try to select this black triangle (image attached) with 3 clicks on the corners, this happens:::

I've tried re- installing photoshop, re-setting the tools and even change the graphic processor settings from advance to basic.

None of this worked....

Please we need some help with this.

regards

Eduardo

2020-02-24 12_34_44-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Below is a screenshot of the  regular lasso tool... but it's happening on all three tools.

I try to make a selection anywhere on the image... and then, upon letting go of the mouse button (in the case of the regular lasso tool), the dotted selection line darts down and to the left in order to create some ungodly shape that I did not intend.

In my case, all three lasso tools are rendered useless!

Please help!!

lasso glitch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hate this lasso tool - I am selecting points and it just quits or the points disappear! Usually cannot go past 4 points and the selection is terminated by application. It is taking me hours, what use to take minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and it's driving me absolutley insane. I use this tool every two seconds... but ever since I upgrated from CS6 to Photoshop 2020, I've been having this problem. It doesn't select where I want and it "skips" when switching between the freehand lasso and the line lasso tools. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found one solution

https://www.top-password.com/blog/turn-on-off-press-and-hold-for-right-clicking-in-windows-10/

if you cannot find this press and hold menu - look for it this way

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-touch-options-no-longer-exist/6fc27a28-433...

Let us know if this solved your issue

So far, the selection tool is working much much better... almost perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines