• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso tool rounds off corners?

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s up with the Lasso tool in Photoshop?
I carefully drew around a pickup truck so it would be selected:

#1.png

but when I left go of the mouse, the selection rounded off any corners I’d created:

#2.png

I had to add the corners back to the selection with the Lasso tool, which again kept rounding off any angles.

My intention was to remove the truck from the image. I had tried other methods (Removal tool & Generative Fill), but wanted to see how Content Aware Fill would work. After selecting the truck, I went to Edit> Content Aware Fill and found that PS had selected a wide area of the image so I erased that and used the brush to select the areas to use. However, it would not add the area around the selected truck. It seemed to stay a specific distance frm the selection edge, like a large halo.

#3.png

When I clicked “Apply”, the correction was a total disaster — a mishmash of different areas of the image.

This has happened to me in other images over the last few days — maybe since the recent update to PS? I had done this many times before without this crap happening. What am I missing?

Thanks for any info about this!

I'm using PS 25.4.0 on an M1 Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.3.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

In the Options for the Lasso, make sure Feathering is set to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Options for the Lasso, make sure Feathering is set to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, my gosh! I've used PS since 1997 and had never changed the feathering for the Lasso tool, so that never occurred to me. Not sure how it got changed.

Thank you sooooo very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines