• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last version of Photoshop supporting DirectX feature level 11.0?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I update Photoshop to the latest version I get the error "DirectX feature level 11.0 available, feature level 12.0 required". I would like to know what is the last version of Photoshop in which feature level 12.0 is not required?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Thank you both for the replies. I found out that version 24.2.1 also supports feature level 11.0. I don't know if it's the last one to support 11.0, but it works anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

24.4.1 is the last one to support feature level 11. I tried all the later ones, and they don't support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SaeedBRZ Unfortunately this has been a requirement since 2022.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

You can still download version 22.2 from your Creative Cloud desktop app (click the elipses... other versions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Photoshop 2020 (21.x).

Photoshop 21.x system requirements (adobe.com)

Unfortunatey Adobe doesn't support these version anymore and the installations files don't be available.

You can go back to version 2019. For this versionb the installation files can be found here:

All the New Adobe CC 2019 Direct Download Links, Now Available! | ProDesignTools

I'll recommend to save the download files on an USB stick, hard drive or CD/DVD, but it isn't sure how long these links are available. 

Many thanks to jim @ prodesigntools.com

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 14 - Photoshop 26 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AxelMatt Version 22.2 still allows DirectX12 without a requirement for feature level 12 and is available for download via the CC desktop app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements/2021.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the replies. I found out that version 24.2.1 also supports feature level 11.0. I don't know if it's the last one to support 11.0, but it works anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! I just installed it and it works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.4.1 is the last one to support feature level 11. I tried all the later ones, and they don't support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

En preferencias activar la última casilla. GPU anterior 2016

josantgomez_0-1695054788763.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

المشكلة تحصل لي بالضبط ؟ مالحل ؟ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@saham111 

The solution for feature level 11.0 is to use 24.4.1, as reported several times in this thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines