• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers after 2021 disappearing

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content on layers that i try moving together seems to disappear. 

I select 2 or three layers together and then try moving them and teh content on the layers either disappears or gets the left half cut off when you drag the layers with move tool. You still have the red guides showing what you are moving but the content / images are not visible. Only way to get them visiible again is to click on the hide/show layer eye icon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

So after trying many fixes with making changes to various preferences and other settings I took the annoying path to reset all warnings and all preferences back to default. Before that I made sure to make a note of every preference I had set up so I could restore them.

Thankfully this seems to have fixed the issue of layer content disappearing. Weirdly though I've restored all my previous settings and the problem has not returned. I can only assume that there is very poor QA in terms of updating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen captures and explain each posted screen capture. It is hard to understand what you are writing.   Seems to disappear.  Do they or do the not? Do the get cut off or are half their content positioned outside the canvas bounds are the visibility state changed or not.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a psd and the image does not appear or appears in part and I can do nothing with it. If I succeed in opening it and try, for instance, to zoom the image 'disappears'. Nothing is working right! What is going on? See my attachments and please try and explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. I woudl really like to install an older version of Photoshop but there is not longer a way to instal 2019.. the only recent version taht works for me.. I am so damn angry about this. It is really messin gup my workflow. Type is all messed up too for me. MFing adobe! ughhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the reason I was having some real issues is becuase the old CTRL+SHIFT+ALT on restart wasn't resetting my preferences. I had to go in and click the box on the General Prefs page to reset on quit. Which seems to have fixed teh issue of image layers disapearing but has not fixed the issue of type not showing the cursor or and highlights when editing text. I am so tired of dealing with PS bugs. whcih is why I was using 2019 for the last 9 months. Please let me install 2019 unless you're actually gonna fix this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are so sorry you are having these issues. Please know that the engineers are working on getting them fixed. Here is a link to a help doc that explains how to install previous versions of Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#Howtoretainpreviousvers...

Also help doc will give you some work arounds to the Known Issues that have come up: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I would like to install photoshop 21.0.3 but that's not listed in my CC app. I followed all the instructions on that page and there's still nothing showing up. All the versions below 21.2.4 are gone.

I also contacted Adobe support but they can only provide me an installation pack for 21.0. Does it mean photoshop versions that are below 21.2.4 will no longer be downloadable in CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a fix on this? 

I currently run Photoshop CC 22.3.1 and Mac OS Big Sur. 

I cannot move a layer without it disappearing. I then have to transform/enter to see it/have it reappear EVERY TIME...this is unacceptable when the majority of my job is building images in photoshop. 

Building an image with multiple layers now takes beyond a great deal longer and is almost undoable when what i'm working on is constantly disappearing.

Are there any fixes????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you aren't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and none of the suggestions are working for me. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update on type.. looks like the type issue (not able to highlight or see cursor) only happens when I open up files made in the older versions of PS. So the new version of PS is not backwards compatable?? IDK, Anyhow, I was able to install v20 so I can open and adjust old files, but working with two versions of PS installed seems ridiculous. You should be able to open old PS files and edit with confidence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I have the same problem but if I clear layer styles the problem goes away ...I

have mac Catalina op sys and PS 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.04.46 PM.pnghere is a capture image without layer style and with. one you click on layer style layer it disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot of not just the image, but also workspace and your layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  I had the same problem before I upgraded to 2021.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answers to this solution yet? Its Dec. 3 and Im still having the disappearing layers when I move them, zoom in or out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really terrible, and still happening. 1/6/2021 and still happening. This prevents me from placing assets, which is a deal breaker. Come on guys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan,08 - 2021 and this is still happening 😞

I have 2 versions installed in my computer because the 2021 version has so many bugs. I installed the CC 2019 but i asked for the link in the Adobe CC support, you can ask too 😃  This new version is too instable. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to add that this has been happening to me since the summer. It makes Photoshop unusable for what I do. I'm running a Windowns device that is frankly overpowered for Photoshop, with everything updated, and there is no excuse for this kind of performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been monitoring this issue for months in hopes the software we're all paying for gets fixed.

I just updated to 22.1.1, on Windows, and this major redraw bug still persists.

Doesn't matter if the "Use Graphics Processor" option in prefs is checked or not.

This issue renders the current version of Photoshop unusable for me. To get work done, I use 20.0.10.

The issue:

In certain common scenarios while simply moving multiple raster layers together with the Move Tool, those layers can completely or partially "disappear" - Photoshop decides to not draw them.

To reproduce the issue:

--Select multiple raster layers that are adjacent in the canvas and "alone" in the layer stack. (I know this sounds ambiguous - see video demo below.) Doesn't matter if they're in a layer group.

--Zoom out to 50% or further.

--Move selected layers with Move Tool.

--Layers (in some cases) may stop being drawn correctly and user must make a change or alter zoom level in order to see them again.

4 minute recording of issue occurring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz4iNM05HdY

Notice the zoom level and actions taken and what results you see on the canvas.

Photoshop's redraw/caching operations have gone horribly awry in certain cases. Similar to layer styles changing in appearance per your zoom level (yet another bug that remains unfixed).

All "workarounds" posted are not workarounds at all - they're massive workflow compromises and are not remotely acceptable for any serious, paying Adobe customer who needs Photoshop to function as expected in order to get work done.

Wouldn't it be nice if Photoshop functioned as well as the recent, pretentiously gimmicky, overly-idealized Adobe Cloud ad compaigns suggest it does?

Uploaded by Radical Archiver on 2021-02-05.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still persists with Photoshop 22.2.0 on Mac.

This is really nuts.  You can't work any adjustments to the layers you want to adjust relative to others.  The moment you start to move it vanishes so you can't really see anything.  You move blindly to some spot and then Hide the layer(s) and Show again for them to be visible.  Then you keep adjusting until you get it right.  If you nudge with arrows, it remains visible but you can't really make major movements on a large document.

It is not really just layers being moved, happens in other situations as well, like resizing the document windows etc.

This is really frustrating and annoying as everyone else on this thread has expressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem in 22.5 there are many known issues in Photoshop 2021 version 22.2.0 is old and unsupported. Adobe is  working on known issues in Photoshop 2021.  For example Adobe stated they are in the Process of removing Photoshop 3D support. You should use Adobe Products designed for 3D work. Major changes are being made to Photoshop to take advantages of advances made in computer graphics, Adobe is changing Photoshop implementation to use better current and improved System graphic API and removing the use of  older graphics interfaces phasing out the use of openGL I believe. It is not a simple task. IMO you should use Photoshop 2020 till Adobe has a reliable stable  Photoshop 2021 version. Adobe also created issues in Photoshop 2021 when they change the Line tool and change  Photoshop Save As User interface for a Apple file system change.  Adobe still has know issues in Photoshop 2021 see https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html . 

Adobe still seem to be maintaining Photoshop 2020 Adobe has made updates for Photoshop 2020  when  Photoshop 2021 is the current version of Photoshop.  Adobe never maintained old version of Photoshop in the Past.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had same issue on my iMac and the year is more then half over and they never fixed this issue. I use PS 2021 on my Macbook(2019) and it works fine but still using PS 2020 on my iMac(late 2015). After 8 months you would think there would be a fix. In 4 months the new version will be out. Will I still have to use 2020? Will I be using 2021 through 2022?.....And we are paying so much money every month. Not easy for me but I budget it in. Before subscription service when you bought the software..things worked. It was a lot of money initially to put out but what you paid for actually worked. I feel bad for the people who can't get it to work on any computer. I am able to use it on my laptop at least but wish I could use it on my 27in iMac. I dread next release cause I seriously doubt I will be able to use that either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this was made a year ago and Adobe has done NOTHING. <content removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue. I'm on a Windows machine, using 22.4.3.  I move a layer and it disappears.  I move several layers together, they all disappear.  Sometimes only a huge chunk disappears if it's a whole area layer.  I can't work properly and this is infuriating.  How is this still not fixed?  It wasn't an issue prior to the last few upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines