• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers Panel - Masks

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have Photoshop 2021.  I'm wondering why after adding a layer mask and looking in the layers panel, I see an added thumbnail with brackets around it to indicate the mask.  Why don't I get a thumbnail showing what the mask looks like?  Thanks

normann22196590_0-1626485270967.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "brackets" around your mask shows that it is targeted. This will happen if you click once on a layer mask. If you were to start painting on the canvas you would actually be drawing on that targeted mask.

Your lack of a thumbnail preview is an easy fix. In the upper right corner of the Layers panel is a menu that contains the entry Panel Options. Just set your Thumbnail Size to something larger.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I see exactly what you clicked on but I don't see any option in the drop down to increase the size of the thumb nails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found it.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Happy to hear this helped you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines