• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens profiles

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having lens correction profile issues.  I've read the problem/solution that others have posted, but can't seem to fix my lens profiles.  If I go into File/File info/Camera data, it lists the camera and lens I used for the picture, but when I go into Filter/lens correction/ and choose the make: Canon, model: 5D mark III, it populates the lens profiles with only two lenses, neither are close to what I was using.  At the same time, in the lower left corner of the same screen, the camera model, lens, and camera settings are all correctly displayed.  The image though looks like a fisheye because I haven't chosen something yet but when I chose one of the two lenses, the image is wrong too since they aren't close to what I shot the picture with.  How do I get the lenses I own into the library or wherever they need to be for access?  I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like in Lens Correction.  In the lower left hand corner, you can see the correct camera and lens are selected, but they don't show up as an option in the lower right hand side.Screenshot 2023-01-15 235519.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023
quotethis is a 3 image pano

By @Manofhg

I don't think a lens profile will even be relevant at that point. The profile should be applied to the raw files prior to merging them. The merged result will have its own geometry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

D Fosse is correct - a lens profile is not applicable to a merged image.

Your lens should still be on the list though :

davescm_0-1673908864139.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What lenses are you shooting with? Are they brand name or third-party replacement models?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says bottom left EF 24-105 f/4, a Canon lens shot at 24mm.

There's something crazy going on here. It shouldn't look like this just because the profile isn't applied - it should still look like a normal image, only without the barrel/pincushion and vignette corrections.

No idea what this could be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that isnt the correct profile per the OP. Was wondering what they were shooting and perhaps its a matter of chosing a different camera profile to get the proper lens profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try without choosing the camera model. Just choose the lens model, provided the lens profile was made with another full frame camera it will work

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I don't choose a model or lens, yes the picture is much better, but just thought that it should at least offer the correct lens which IS correct in the bottom left of the picture.  One thing that I hadn't thought of which may be the problem, this is a 3 image pano.  This may be the point where palm of hand should be planted on forehead.  The camera is a Canon 5DIII with a 24-105 shot at 24mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what brand is the lens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon 24-105 f/4 L.  The bottom left corner of the image has it all correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - when you original stated the issue you said "it populates the lens profiles with only two lenses, neither are close to what I was using" I thought that was what you were showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no.  The bottom left is correct for this image, but over on the right under the selections for the lens correction, there are only two lenses offered.  See image in the first posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't specify the camera, the lens can be selected. You will need to scroll down the list to the lenses starting with EF.....

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I don't specify the camera, the list is longer, but still doesn't include my Canon 24-105 f/4L lens.  The list is more than two lenses, but short none the less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotethis is a 3 image pano

By @Manofhg

I don't think a lens profile will even be relevant at that point. The profile should be applied to the raw files prior to merging them. The merged result will have its own geometry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are correct.  I pulled in one of the images in the pano and it was already identifying in Lens Correction the correct camera and lens without my input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse is correct - a lens profile is not applicable to a merged image.

Your lens should still be on the list though :

davescm_0-1673908864139.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to all who responded.  Sorry to lead you all down a path with insufficient info, but you all figured it out anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines