• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Libraries in photoshop CC says Creative Cloud needs an update, but it doesn't

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The libraries panel is showing a message saying "To use Creative Cloud Libraries, please update the Creative Cloud Application". Strange thing is, it works fine on one computer but not on another. I made sure everything was updated. I've signed out and back in to both Creative Cloud and Photoshop. I've restarted the computer. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop. Help!!!

I am using Photoshop CC 19.1.5 20180604.r.346 2018/06/04: 1175273  x64, Windows 10 x64.

Creative Cloud is version 4.5.0.331

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Hi,

There is a quick change to try that should get your Libraries panel back to working with an earlier version of the Libraries panel.

1) Quit any running Adobe CC applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)

2) go to the location below and move the complete 'CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207' folder to your desktop

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\

3) relaunch Photoshop

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a quick change to try that should get your Libraries panel back to working with an earlier version of the Libraries panel.

1) Quit any running Adobe CC applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)

2) go to the location below and move the complete 'CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207' folder to your desktop

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\

3) relaunch Photoshop

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, that worked for me. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Any other suggestion for getting the Libraries panel working again in Photoshop , it's also not working in Illustrator so I am guess it is global to all Adobe programs for me.

I tried the suggestion and it did not work for me so I then uninstalled everything using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner and then reinstalled and rebooted but the panel still doesn't display my libraries. There was not a 2_14_207 folder with the reinstall, however there was a 2_10_86 folder which I moved but without any luck.

My error message is a bit different from the OP in that it does not tell me to update it but instead says 'To use the Creative Cloud Libraries, please install the Creative Cloud Application'

As mentioned, I have the latest of CC, PS, and IL with the reinstall.

I am on Win 10 x64 Pro with the latest updates as well.

Thanks,

ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Can you check the version of a background service?

1) right click on Taskbar and select 'Task Manager'

2) go to the 'Details' tab and scroll to CCLibrary.exe

3) right click on the process and select 'Properties'

4) in displayed dialog go to Details tab

What is the file version?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

For some reason CCLibrary.exe was not running on my system so I did a quick reboot and found out it was not starting.

As a test, I did a search for the file in Program Files (x86) and ran it manually and then started up Photoshop and my Library panel displayed my libraries as it should.

With that in mind, as a temporary fix, I created a shortcut and copied it to the

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

folder and rebooted. CCLibrary started as it should and my Library works.

Thanks for pointing me to the CCLibrary.exe file. For the moment this is my solution.

File version is 2.14.93 if you still want to know.

Regards,

ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

I’m glad to hear you have it working.

The process should be getting launched automatically and not need the startup workaround. I’ll ask what conditions might be preventing the process from running so we can try to resolve that issue.

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the exact same thing happening. Running the above .exe then rectified it. Exact same file version as his above 2.14.9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the same thing as well.

Tried your suggestion, but wasn't running on startup. Added it as a task via task scheduler to action the CClibraries.exe  from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries. Found if it ran immediately, it wouldn't work because creative cloud hadn't loaded yet. Added a 30 second delay which makes it work everytime.

Not ideal, but not the end of the world currently either.

Windows 10 pro

Version 2.14.93

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with CC Libraries. Can you try running the steps in this document and let me know if it solves your issue? Creative Cloud Libraries panel stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines