Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify 'Pin Edges' not working

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to create my own marble pattern by following the below YouTube tutorial.

Photoshop Texture | How to Make Agate (or Liquid Marble ) Design - YouTube

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 21.11.36.jpg

I created a new page mesuring 52 cm width and 72 cm height.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 21.14.31.jpg

I chose my two grey tone colours and had a white backdrop colour then went to

FILTER > RENDER > FIBRES which create the below look

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 20.55.01.jpg

I then went to FILTER > LIQUIFY and this message popped up on the screen ....

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 22.13.46.jpg

When the liquify page popped up I noticed the 'pin edges' was'nt highlighted giving me the option to tick it.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 22.14.21.jpg

I then tried to create the marble effect by following the advice of the tutorial I posted above but my laptop was being extremely slow and when I tried to drag the large circle liquify tool over the image the image wouldn't change and it dragged the image down revealing the background as I couldn't get the pin edges to work.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 21.09.14.png

Can anyone help me with this? Is it simply because my image is too big? Those are the dimensions of the repeat wallpaper pattern I'm trying to create so I thought I would just create it to the exact size. As it's 300dpi could/should I just make the image smaller for the pin edges to appear or is it another issue and nothing to do with image size?

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please try changing the Image mode to RGB by going to Image > Image Mode and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you converted from RGB into CMYK already on this untitled document, then you might want to undo to get back to RGB or start again. Converting is a one time process, and you don’t want to convert a second time.

B76C3B6C-B65F-427C-B3AA-20140F5925B8.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use RGB I only ever use CMYK as all my designs are printed out onto paper...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rebeccal11099218  wrote

I never use RGB

Hi Rebecca,

Liquify is one of a number of filters that require RGB. The alert is telling you that you can't use it in CMYK.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, but my image is RGB. The pin edges option is grey and not able to be selected. Any ideas what else I might try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines