Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Liquify tool crash and Fill freeze in latest update of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Liquify tool crashes if the GPU is turned on. It works if the GPU is disabled, however, the eye tool won't work if the GPU is disabled.

Also, if the GPU is disabled, the fill function will freeze the program and it won't respond.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things you could try...

1. Reset the Photoshop Preferences. Look for the Reset Preferences On Quit button within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences.
  2. Turn off the Legacy Compositing feature within the Performance tab of the Photoshop Preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of these two steps helped. Keeps crashing. Had to revert to old version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which old version are you using?

I was using 22.1, and recently have downgraded to 22.0, fixed one problem (couldn't save the file), but this liquify problem still haven't been solved yet.... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still did not work. If we (the client) are paying a monthy/yearly sub fees. Please test your patchs or updates BEFORE releacing them. Don't exspect us to be your test dummies. If this is going to be the Norm. Then I exspect a refund for as long as this patch keeps crashing seeing its costing me money.

PS, yes my english is off. English is not my best side! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. Ridiculous!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Holding down Alt (Opt Mac) and clicking the Liquify filter. Does it work now?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it works again. PS updated, Nvidia updated... A bit weird that PS depends on specific NVIDIA driver settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not weird at all when you consider how GPU heavy processing images in PS can be.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally Agree!
I swear to god, one of the worst software experiences I ever had and one of the worst customer support.
Photoshop just keeps getting worse, slower, and glitchy, it even struggles with the most updated Hardware chips!!
I am 3D Artist, I usually work on massive 3D scenes with tons of Meshes and Elements and I never struggled with 3D software like how Photoshop deals with 2D Photos 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a concept artist that uses heacy 3D blender scenes and photoshop still causes me more problems. Have the exact same issue and im having to do some really annoying workaround just to liquify something that should take milliseconds. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines