• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

load brushes into photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you unzip and properly load brushes into photoshop? I tried doing it through the preset

manager and the only item that is there is contours. So I tried to create a brush file and I could not take off 

contour in the extention  part. I've tried through Bridge, where I can unzip the file and then move the thumbnail file manually to photoshop. What am I doing wrong? I know this must be easy ,

so why am I not getting it? Windows 11, Using CC and photoshop 2024.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@geegadwah unzip the file and double click on the .abr files to open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Brushes. Click on the hamburger icon and select 'Import Brushes'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like to know where things are so I can copy to keep them safe (we get the odd post from people who lose their presets after an update) so I would place the .abr file directly the brush presets folder.  In Windows that's

C:\Users\ [You User Name] \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2024\Presets\Brushes

There is a full list of file locations here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines