• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load library error 87

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to use Photoshop I get a load library error 87. 

I am using windows 10, and PS had worked fine on the laptop then one day a few weeks ago it just stopped. I changed the driver the other day and it started to work again, but the next day stopped again. It stopped working again yesterday.  I am using an AMD Radeon HD 8610G display adaptor, The driver was 03/08/15 15.200.1062.1004 but wasn't the newest again for some reason and not working so updated it again to a different one 15.201.11010 06/08/15 and it worked last night. However  today again it doesn't so I've rolled back to the last driver and now it works again? I can use adobe Bridge, and change the image through camera RAW but when I go to open the image in PS the error appears unless I change the driver. Please help as a long term subscriber and user am gettign very fed up. I'll googled and tried all other the other suggsted fixes nothing seems to work. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I have a couple of questions for you--what version of Photoshop are you using? And, have you logged into your Creative Cloud account lately? Sometimes, it just needs to make the connection.

Is that one of the other suggestions you've already tried?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I've logged into my account in the last few days again to see if that helped, and done any updates. It stopped working last night so updated the driver again, and today had to roll the driver back in order to get it to work.

I'm using PS 21.2.0 and have a photography plan subscription. Bridge is 10.1.0.163

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no newer drivers than 2015? It may be that your drivers are incompatible with the latest PS/Bridge versions. Have you checked compatibility?

Photoshop GPU Tested Cards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are the latest drivers on the AMD website. it had worked for a long time till a few weeks ago. I've been a subscriber since early 2015. I could not find an ATI file to rename looked for that on Friday night!

Its not specifically listed but also not in the unsupported list so should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally found a ATI06axx.dll in windows / System32  so renamed this and see how I go over the next few days, although as I've changed the driver again it is currently working anyway.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if it works!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a solution posted to this thread - a hot fix from AMD:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/loadlibrary_failed_with_error_87_the_paramete... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed the name of the ATi Dll and changed the driver - today the same loadlibrary error 87 back again? Well stumped, change the driver or rename the dll works for one use, then does not work again.  changed the driver again and it works but now PS has disabled enhancements? ...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have a faulty driver install. I would see if you can completely overwrite with the updated hot fix version using the link supplied above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

renamed the dll.  been on the AMD website have all the drivers for the display adaptor. Everytime I go to use PS the error appears, If I update the driver to the latest or roll  back to the last version it will work for the day, but when using the laptop / PS again it won't work. I've looked at the hot fix and I think I've covered all the posts, and the hotfix download does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to reach out to AMD support.
I know that in general manually adjusting your drivers like you are doing is not good practice and as you have found out is a temp fix.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

AMD support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gave  up and have scrapped the laptop, am looking to try and replace it. ASAP.  thanks for the advice though nothign ventured nothing gained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines