Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locating Quick Action tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I'm getting back into graphic design, so I apologize for the novice question. Anyways, can someone tell me how to locate the quick action tool in photoshop? Usually, it was under properties but now its not. I'm running the 2019 version. I watched a few YouTube videos where they directed me to go under the Help tab then clicking on Photoshop Help. There, Photoshop should have bought up a new window with the action. However, they directed me to their website. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out; we are here to help. Would you mind updating your Photoshop to the latest version? 

Let me give you a brief on how you can get Quick Actions on the latest version of Photoshop.

To launch Quick Actions, click on the Help Menu.

Choose Hands-on Tutorials. You will now see the Discover panel. Type Quick Actions. Now you will see a list of quick actions.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discover panel isn't appearing. I guess I'll do it the long way with the selection tool. Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Quick Actions in the Properties panel was introduced in photoshop 2020.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2020.html#improved-properties-panel

The Discover panel was introduced in photoshop 2021.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought too, but this is what appears in the properties window.

6D836158-A7D1-4048-A0A3-BC6E9D57FD6A.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have photoshop 2019 and Quick Actions in the Properties panel were introduced in photoshop 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would it be in the 2019 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no "Quick Actions" per se in photoshop 2018, but that doesn't mean you can't create your own actions and then set the Actions panel to Button mode so all you would need to do is click on the action once to run it.

Screenshot-(834).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines