• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Location message on adobe site

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not specifically PS but.....Every time I access the Adobe site and navigating around , I keep getting pop up

This Adobe site doesn't match your location

Based on your location, we think you may prefer the United Kingdom website, where you'll get regional content, offerings, and pricing.

How do i stop this happening. It's driving me nuts!
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

It doesnt matter if your device has Adobe software on it when it comes to accessing websites. The website detects a VPN it will redirect you based on your VPN.  Turn off the VPN and try connecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roger31557951osyo are you using a VPN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one device using vpn but not using adobe software. Other devices are android or windows with the same problem. I am using chrome browser. I am in portugal and sometimes the message comes up in portuguese. So I might access the help centre from Lightroom and up pops the message. Or go into the adobe website from the browser and the same problem occurs whether I am signed in or not.

I have tried finding a solution in chrome but no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt matter if your device has Adobe software on it when it comes to accessing websites. The website detects a VPN it will redirect you based on your VPN.  Turn off the VPN and try connecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that seems to fix the problem. Not what I was expecting... 

Thank you for the answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to update - this is still happening. The vpn disconnect did not affect the situation as I am not using that device to access websites. It seems if I look at my sessions on Adobe (via my account profile) that the location is Portugal. I presume this comes from Chrome. I've spent too much time trying to resolve this so I expect I'll just have to put up with it. I don't know why it should keep occurring especially when I'm already signed in to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your account and confirm your location. Where are you actually located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just that Adobe has regional versions of their main site. I get this message too - I'm in Norway, but usually access the Adobe site for forum purposes, so I need the US site. And then it pops up.

If it was for handling my own account, I would naturally go to the Norwegian site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct is all about a BAD design.

As many users seem impacted by this... Even whenyou want this. Say your based in South AMerica and want to deal in English and choose USA... but then thesystem crashes as yr based in South American country. You cannot have this set up.

What is drving tcould be to stop cross border shopping for say a cheaper option/use, based on currecnc differences or pure $offer differences... Yet the technical issue impacts everyone!

Even when you apply a possible fix it can still continue.... 

What is needed is definitve resolution to an issue impacting so many where solutions are applied yet still many fail.

Is it better/necessary  to re install with some other country option OR is it about how you bought the SW in the first place??

Answer on a post card to everyone....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines