• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of sensitivity to the pressure of the Wacom pen

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, after updating Photoshop to version 24.0 (2023), the sensitivity to pressing the pen with Vacom Intuos Pro has disappeared. Updating the tablet driver did not help. Anyone could help solve this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you use the PSUserConfig text file for pen pressure in the previous version

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/enable-optional-extensions-photoshop-cc.html#turn_off_system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is windows ink. It needs to be switched on in the settings of the tablet.
You can turn it on and off under the pen settings in the Wacom options. But there is a problem with the latest version of Photoshop.

I never turn on Windows ink for any application. So in the settings of the Wacom tablet you can add Photoshop to the list of applications and turn on Windows ink only for Photoshop. This works for the previous version of Photoshop, but not for the new update. Whenever there is an application in your list of pen settings that does not have the Windows ink check box turned on, Photoshop no longer recognizes your tablet as having pressure sensitivity.

For example, turn on the Windows ink setting and your tablet works fine. Than add something that has absolutely nothing to do with Photoshop to your list of apps, let say minesweeper, and turn off the Windows ink only for minesweeper. Photoshop no longer sees your tablet as having pressure sensitivity.

I just installed the previous version of Photoshop. Will check in a couple of months or so if this problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue with my Huion Kamvas 24 Plus tablet and I rolled back to the previous version and it fixed it. Windows Ink was enabled and I tried the psuserconfig workaround but neither made a difference. Rolling back to 23.5.2 worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines