• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Catalina - Save as/Save as copy not changing file name or extension

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened today, yesterday it was working fine.  I have all the latest CC updates.

With my Photoshop file open, I go to FILE, SAVE AS, tick AS A COPY, choose format .jpg

Filename remains .psd therefore it has to be changed manually.

Yesterday I updated to Catalina. Could there be a correlation?

Does anyone have a fix please? T.I.A. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 144 Replies 144

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beat me by 29 seconds, Ged! 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fairness you had more typing to do 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more silly question 🙂 I can't seem to able to mark your answer as the 'correct answer'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not silly at all, Alison. Several people have reported issues on that with the new forum software. We’re hoping it’s fixed soon. The new interface also allows multiple correct answers. I am posting a screenshot. Do you see the extra line? You might have to click View All Replies.

8607932D-8F95-4EC9-B65F-D99FED6962B1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope I don't have that. I am trying to throw in a screenshot and realise I can't do that either, so I've been trying to drag drop into this writing space.

EDIT

I went onto 'edit' because I left a couple of words out, and here it lets me drop a pic 🙂

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 14.58.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just let us know which is the correct answer and we can do it for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours is good thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the known issues. It includes a link to the Feedback site to report bugs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having somewhat of the opposite problem. When trying to save over an existing png, Photoshop insists on adding "copy" to the end of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Append File Extension setting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the only thing not working for you on Catalina, you dodged a bullet... you were brave indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha 😄 I wish, cannot dodge those- will probably have to go through each issue eventually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently upgraded to macOS Catalina v 10.15. I am not sure if it's related but I am unable to "Save As" anything but PSD. If I change to .PNG in the Format drop down the filename does not change to that extension as it has in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have just updated my mac to 10.15 and when I go to save my Photoshop file to a JPG it saves the file as a PSD and I have to manually change it to a JPG on my desktop. Help please

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly when I try to save a psd files as a jpg, i have to also rename in in the SAVE As box.  It used to just save as a jpg.  If I  don't rename it and save it as a jpg, it just saves as a psd file and when I try to open that, it says it is NOT A VALID PHOTOSHOP FILE?  I used to just use the SAVE as box and out in jpg and it would save as a jpg.  Do I have to rename each file now?

Just upgraded to Catalina.  Should that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the worse thing happening to you with Catalina, since you didn't check all your apps were ready, you are in luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines