• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: PS 2020 missing Object Select Tool

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release is 21.0.0. I got it by opening the Creative cloud app and clicking on "Check for updates." Some of the new features are there, the Object selection tool is not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

v21 was released today.

If you have a custom toolbar , the update will not overwrite it. To see the select object tool - click on the three dots in the toolbar (or use Edit>Toolbar) and then Restore Defaults

If you have a custom toolbar , the update will not overwrite it. To see the select object tool - click on the three dots in the toolbar (or use Edit>Toolbar) and then Restore Defaults

If you have a custom toolbar then the update will not overwrite it. To see the object selection tool, go to Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v21 was released today.

If you have a custom toolbar then the update will not overwrite it. To see the object selection tool, go to Edit >Toolbar and then choose Restore Defaults.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect solution! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You that worked a treat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it didn't work on my machine. I still have no object selection tool anywhere on my toolbar, even after restoring it to defaults as it says here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Photoshop - Go to Help >System Info and it will tell you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v21.0.0

resetting defaults didn't work. but with the window edit - tools, I could see the new tool at the bottom on the right and was able to drag it over to the left side and it showed up then. so problem solved, just not by the "solution" listed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plese be more exact about 'window edit-tools'. I fail to do it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my mistake, it's "edit" from the top toolbar menu, then "toolbars" not "tools", then a new window pops up that shows all the tools available in two panels. left side which is what's active, and right side which are the ones available but not active.Screenshot 2019-11-14 18.57.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have no inactive tools on the right and refresh defaults does nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello namgarus, which version are you running? (check in help>system info...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled, reinstalled and everything is OK. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciated your answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Is there anyone else here who is not getting the Object Selection Tool to show up in their toolbar?

I can't seem to find it anywhere, and it's definitely not under the selection-tool options in the toolbar where it's supposed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here with the same problem.  That fixed it.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try going to Edit > Toolbar and click on

image4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I found out about the newest update with 2020 I was SO excited- installed it and am working my way through it, but so far it's just disappointing me. The 'Select Object Tool' I was looking forward to trying is absent plus it seems like they removed the Layers Type preview that had introduced in 2019 (which I adored). Any ideas?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what you see missing on the type layers. I can still double click with teh move tool to edit text.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha! That fixed it- bless you! Thank you!!

On the Type layers, I misspoke- I should have said the blending modes for the layers- the preview feature they added in 2019 seems to be gone. 
TBH I'm always blown away by how much they do with each update and I was just disappointed on these two things (now one, thanks to Dave's wisdom.)  So much love for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Layer blending mode previews is working here, whether I go up and down the list with a mouse or just use a scroll wheel in the layer panel box

If you are not seeing them, try a preference reset

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, you're two for two- I went into preferences and while I didn't change anything, it worked after opening it. I award you 5 karma points and you have my thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome - enjoy the new version

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave, for showing me how to find the missing Object Selection Tool!!  I'm glad I only five minutes searching online for an answer before logging in to the Adobe Support Community.  😄

Some time ago, I went through my Application Menu bar and hid a lot of the menu options, to make the menus less crowded and the commands I frequently use quicker to spot.  Today's conundrum has me wondering if there may be new menu options from v. 2020 that won't appear if I don't reset the menus. Do you know if this is so? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I`m sorry but I can`t find it anywhere..  the last version 20.0.8. is updated, but this tool is still missing. Do you have any other solution maybe?

thanks in advance and best regards

Izrezak.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines