Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac CS5 Automation plug-in menu strangeness

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got an automation plug-in that puts up a Cocoa-based dialog when selected from the File->Automate menu. The same code works fine in Mac Photoshop CS4, but on Mac CS5 my plug-in menu item will become disabled after my dialog is shown. If you do some action that brings up an entirely unrelated dialog then my menu item will become enabled again.

I was able to duplicate the behavior using the Listener plug-in in the SDK and adding some simple code to bring up an NSAlert. My plug-in has a Persistent {} item in its PiPL and no EnableInfo item, the same as the Listener plug-in, so it should be enabled all the time. Has anybody seen this, or perhaps know if there's a workaround?

Thanks,

Mike

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It rings the bell - I think we saw something to this effect a while ago, but I cannot recall what we did to make it go away - there were way too many CS5 specific issues we had to deal with lately. Does the automation throw an exception into PS or return a failure code? Also posting your modified listener may help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines