Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mojave update photoshop CS6 not opening

Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Can't  use CS 6 Photoshop as due to upgrade on Mojave, it shows adobe application manager is incompatible. i have updated all the software (production premium CS6) and everything else works, any ideas, contacted support but they told me to come here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

thanks for the info, I have re installed high sierra, and everything works fine now, if i get the courage to upgrade in the future I will give your solution a go!!!

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the same time frame for me.  My first photoshop was 3 if I recall correctly.   I bought CS6 and will continue to use it as long as I can.  I’ve bought affinity photo, but have hardly opened it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - its so much easier to stick with what you know isn't it. Affinity is as close to Photoshop as its possible to get tho don't you agree... its just that tools and options are in different places - but only some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares. That was very preachy. If someone buys a version of something, they want it to work. Who cares how old it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Operating System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

behind the curve paying subscription fees to the grave / zilch product / process improvement since they got your CC#. The plan from day one... clearly evident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't like is...I am a 1 person shop with 5 computers...I only use one at a time....Not sure if I can have it installed on 5 different computers and use one at a time? I use a different computer for different jobs in a different area in my shop. I have Microsoft 365 and install it on all 5 computers.....just 1 me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read one Mac user on Twitter who said Photoshop CS6 wouldn't open till he removed old plugins. Then it opened just fine.

Despite the constant drumroll about subscribing, older Adobe apps sometimes work more reliably than newer versions. We already learned that with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may or may not work, but one day just when you need it it'll stop or something. Professionals can't afford to take chances – after all the subscription is only around $10 a month!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the most updated Adobe Application Manager from here, though it's still 32 bit, it's the newest one adobe has at the moment.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this file gets to 14% then bombs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to rub salt in your wounds...but if you insist on running such old versions of Adobe products perhaps you shouldn't have upgraded your operating system so soon? Was there a compelling reason to upgrade? You have a backup of your hard drive prior to the upgrade...right?

There is ALWAYS going to be some fallout when you upgrade to a brand new operating system. Older, no longer supported applications like CS6 are going to be among the first to have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign the Cloud Option is around 60 Euros per months. That is

a lot of money if you use it for private or freelance projects. That's why I bought the last CS6 version to avoid

having to pay this money monthly.

I'm using the newest cloud version in my job  - I'm a senior Art Director in a digital product agency and have

been using Adobe applications for more then 20 years. I find the cloud version extremely buggy on all 3

applications (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) and have sent numerous comments about it to Adobe many times.

I'm actually using sketch and other new programs more by now than the Adobe products, because they perform

much better for todays UI/UX requirements, which is my focus in my agency job.

But since I'm using CS6 for my freelance and private projects - which includes a lot of print projects. For these projects

the CS6 applications WORK JUST FINE, I'm quite  upset that Adobe and Apple are not considering to keep CS6 running

for people that are still happy and satisfied with CS6!!!

It's a policy of todays throwaway society to force users/customers to buy new expensive stuff - see Apple and

all other electronic companies....

I'm sure if they would want, they could make the new OS Systems work with older Adobe versions, just as much

as they could upgrade old phones with new systems, to reduce electronic trash, which is a huge problem for the planet!

But sadly money and consume rules this world, and unfortunately big corporations like Apple Adobe & Co are

just feeding into this trend, instead acting responsible and sustainable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. the reason is probably you have a constant reminder to update that has no off button and more importantly.. An update shouldnt be released unless its compatible with all other programmes.   They just churn them out to force the user to deal with their own incompetence to be fair.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, there is an easy fix to this problem:

Go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility (left pane) and check "Adobe Photoshop CS6.app" (right pane). That's it, from now on Photoshop CS6 won't crash anymore on macOS Mojave. And can probably be used for many years to come.

Please don't buy this ***** about having to upgrade. I've been using Photoshop CS6 on my always up-to-date Mac since its release and besides being a bit slow (like every Adobe app ever) and not offering retina support, it works perfectly fine. And it's absolutely reliable. Don't let yourself shame into upgrading by those cheesy forum clerks. You'll only get another bunch of apps that don't work even a tiny bit more reliably than what you've already got. Newer versions of Photoshop don't even have compelling new features that would make upgrading worth it. That's why Adobe needs the subscription trap, because actually innovating is so much harder.

Also, the Affinity apps are almost on par with the Adobe apps, so it would be a waste of time to switch to an Adobe subscription now. The time is better spent studying Affinity, they'll probably and hopefully be the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info, I have re installed high sierra, and everything works fine now, if i get the courage to upgrade in the future I will give your solution a go!!!

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I did that and also installed a new suggested java runtime. however PS still crushes since upgrading to mojve. I am using CS5 thou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to CC2018 to run under Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave is at 10.14 and even the latest editions of Photoshop CC are running into problems. It's a newly released MacOS and may need a "dot releases" (.1, .2 and soon to address the known issues outlined here:

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a secondary MBP that I've installed Mojave on, but I'm not touching my primary Macbook Pro running 10.13.6

Basically if you depend on Photoshop to get your work done, don't upgrade your MacOS to a .0 version just released "in the wild".

If you are going to insist, clone your drive. Rollbacks are very complex.

I'm basically repeating what others have already said, but I hope I've included new data.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nonsense. Would be enough to buy an old CS6 license. It should even be possible to get CS5 running again. Please stop shaming people into upgrading to this useless CC version all the time, which doesn't work flawlessly either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's Adobe's spec: Photoshop cc 2018 and mojave

You're entitled to your views and suggestions, but we don't need rude personal comments on this friendly forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if the aforementioned fix is gonna be enough to get CS5 running. However, I'd keep googling, a solution might suddenly bubble up in a few days. Maybe a platform like stackexchange/stackoverflow might be better suited to solve your problem, as some of the so-called "Community Professionals" seem to regularly confuse themselves with sales staff.

Otherwise I'd seriously think about finding a software that is not made by Adobe, which suits your needs as well. There are more and more alternatives, especially on macOS. I don't remember any time when Adobe software ever worked flawlessy and fast. The team either lacks sophisticated programmers or is working on such an old code base, that they are already overburdened by fixing all the bugs that come up all the time. As you've probably experienced yourself, most other Mac apps, even very complex ones, are very stable, even immediately after Apple releases a new OS. It's not your fault to upgrade to a new OS on the first day. I'm doing this since I own Macs and if software is causing trouble at all, it's always made by Adobe.

I keep wondering why Adobe always needs this "extra time" to adapt their software to a new macOS version. It's not like there isn't any beta program for months. It's not like Apple would refuse to collaborate with them during that time. It's baffling that some self-taught programmers somewhere in a garage seem to be much more capable than Adobe's assumedly qualified engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

halexander86  wrote

I've been using Photoshop CS6 on my always up-to-date Mac since its release and besides being a bit slow (like every Adobe app ever) and not offering retina support, it works perfectly fine.

On the subject of Retina Support, it has been there since 13.0.3

Retina Display Support and Photoshop CS6 « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Cmd i (Get Info) on your Photoshop CS6.app and be sure "Open in low resolution" is not checked on if you own a retina display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your advice ... I just updated to Mojave on my iMac and couldn't open my Photoshop Elements 11 without it crashing .... of course I panicked .... your simple direction seems to be a solution ... I'm grateful you took the time to answer and saved me all that stress ... best wishes ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

halexander86thanks so much!!! Really appreciate the solution without having to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the information! I finally got it to work. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines