• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X Catalina and Photographer Plan

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am buying a new MacBook Air with Catalina on it. I have the Photographer Plan and want to use the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Does anyone know if this app is a 32-bit app or has any 32-bit components? I know that Photoshop and Lightroom should play well enough with Catalina for me, although some incompatibilities exist. Is anyone running the Photographer Plan on a Catalina Mac? If so, is there anything you think I should know about the combination I am planning, a MacBook Air with Catalina and the Photographer Plan. For example, if I use the Photographer Plan in this context does Adobe try to install anything at all that requires 32-bit processing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

The CC app will work, otherwise Catalina users wouldn't be able to run any Adobe apps at all. And then we wouldn't have a forum full of complaints... 😉

Make no mistake, there are still plenty issues with Photoshop and Catalina. The one we see most is that you can't save directly to external drives, but there are others. No doubt they'll be fixed eventually, but it can take time.

I think the best thing you can do is take some time and go through this forum. Go back some weeks. You don't have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC app will work, otherwise Catalina users wouldn't be able to run any Adobe apps at all. And then we wouldn't have a forum full of complaints... 😉

Make no mistake, there are still plenty issues with Photoshop and Catalina. The one we see most is that you can't save directly to external drives, but there are others. No doubt they'll be fixed eventually, but it can take time.

I think the best thing you can do is take some time and go through this forum. Go back some weeks. You don't have to read it all, just skim it, but it should give you an idea of the things you might want to be prepared for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you much D_Fosse. That is the answer I was hoping for. I am prepared to have some things not work perfectly in Photoshop. I really don't care much about Lightroom. I've looked around on Photoshop issues, and I can live with the bads I have found so far. But, who, except the Shadow, knows what evil lurks out there. I'll continure to keep my eyes open. I am with you on "they'll be fixed eventually ...." What I am up to is beginning my complete transition from the 32-bit world. The MacBook Air will be my travel computer, but it also will be the basis for migrating to my next Macbook Pro, a Cataliina or later machine.  My current one is happily running everything I have from Adobe on High Sierra and will take care of anything not working on Catalina yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines