Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

macOS Ventura 13.0.1 update

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple wants to update its OS again. Last time, I spent several days dead in the water. I searched around and didn't find any "yeah, it's good" or any "Danger, Will Robinson!" posts, so does anybody know if upgrading is a good or bad idea?

Thanks in advance!

NOTE TO ADOBE: where is your page that tabulates the issues with various Apple releases?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues for me (using Apple Silicon), but clearly, I haven't exhausted every possible tool. 

IF you are under a production deadline or such an environment, wait or at least update one machine if you have more than one before going full bore. 

The info you're asking from Adobe for 13.0.x is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-ventura.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. It referenced a problem I was having ("UNABLE TO RESIZE THE MAXIMIZED APP ON A LARGE EXTERNAL MONITOR SCREEN"), but it's also not what I'd hope Adobe would do. It would be Really Nice to be able to go to adobe.com/os-upgrades/macos and see a table there that told me about what problems I might (or might not) encounter. Like I said, I was dead in the water for days after the 13.0.0 update, so now I want reassurance before updating. I am using 13.0.0 now and it is working, but I won't even update a point release without assurance anymore. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far no major issues here after updating to macOS Ventura 13.0.1 on a Mac Studio

If for nothing else you should update to get the latest security fixes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura works great with Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I'd be leaving it a few weeks after the release of any macOS update to apply that update myself. Just to await news on bugs and  issues.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines