• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Photoshop the Default

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here's the thing. I am graphic designer for a firm where I live and I loaded Corel's Paint Shop Pro on my computer since one of the guys here uses that mostly (why I don't know). Anyways I prefer Photoshop, hands down, so I want to make it my default Graphics editor/image viewer (Paint Shop Pro changed it to its program during install). Can someone please walk me through this!!! I am sure I have to edit the registry, but I don't know where!

~Greg
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sounds like you are talking windows. (registry comment) Right click on the file you want Photoshop to open. Select open with in the menu and then Choose Program... Select Photoshop and make sure you check the 'Always use the selected program...' check box. Photoshop should now open those files by default. You will have to do this for all the file types you want Photoshop to open. It is a registry entry but this is much easier then messing with the magic registry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines