• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making the leap to Mac 64-bit GUI

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, the way I am handling the GUI is making a Windows-native GUI and a Mac-native GUI (Carbon).

However, to make to a 64-bit plug-in, I am looking at moving my GUI over to Cocoa for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.  (To maintain 3 sets of GUIs would be way, way too much.)

1- Should I try to implement the GUI in Cocoa or should I just move to a cross-platform GUI approach like Qt?

2- If I do go down the Cocoa route... I can't figure out how to get a Cocoa GUI working in 32-bit Photoshop.  In the CS5 SDK, I got rid of the stuff in the DissolveUIMac.cpp file and disabled the if statement in DissolveUIMacCocoa, but this crashes Photoshop with a EXC_BAD_ACCESS error that I can't seem to track down.

Any thoughts?  😕  Spoiled rotten by 64-bit on Windows... updating was so easy.  Thanks by the way to all the helpful people on this forum!!!!!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd personally suggest using Qt - its an easy-to-learn, well-designed cross-platform library; it handles internationalization and has a lot of other benefits. And yes, it integrates reasonably easy with Adobe plugin framework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines