• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masks not masking out whole area

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attaching picture of what is happening. I want the photo masked in an octogon and the mask is exactly correct in the layers panel.  But the photo is not masked correctly on the main screen.  I have done this about 20 different ways trying to figure out what is wrong and can't fix it.  I have mostly figured out photoshop myself so am a trial and error kind of user with lots of online videos to supplement as needed.  I cannot find an answer for this issue.  Please help!

Thank you!

Christina

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Agree with Barbara, this is most likely GPU-related.

You can try to disable the GPU completely, just to quickly confirm. But I'd be curious to see if this exported correctly, IOW just an incorrect screen representation. If so, try to check this:

canvas.png

If applicable, there's also the "older GPU mode" checkbox below it.

If you post the contents of Help > System Info, that might give a clue to the underlying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a photo with the background off which better shows what I was talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a GPU issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at GPU settings in Preferences > Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Barbara, this is most likely GPU-related.

You can try to disable the GPU completely, just to quickly confirm. But I'd be curious to see if this exported correctly, IOW just an incorrect screen representation. If so, try to check this:

canvas.png

If applicable, there's also the "older GPU mode" checkbox below it.

If you post the contents of Help > System Info, that might give a clue to the underlying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I opened Photoshop today my image was correctly cropped on the home page but still wrong on the main screen.  My GPU was not checked in preferences.  So I deactivated the native canvas and turned on the GPU, restarted Photoshop and now everything is correct!  I had exported the photo from Lightroom but I do that all the time with no problems so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.  Thank you all for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines