• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching a font from a logo

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to match a font from a logo. I've tried using the "Match Font" tool in the Type dropdown, but the fonts it give me are not close matches at all. I need to be able to duplicate this font, either by finding the right font (I don't think this is possible), or by recreating the font. I'm open to suggestions on how to recreate the font (even if it'll take a long time/is difficult), to be able to type different words in the same style. I only need to reproduce the top "General Dynamics" font, and not the font below it.

Attached below is my logo, any help or guidance is appreciated!

GD-OTS Logo Color HighRes Vector.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jon24939963a3oz 

According to this site, the font used for the General Dynamics logo is GD Bold, which is a geometric sans serif font designed by Joe Finocchiaro. Joe also has a site where he says he designed it.

https://deltafonts.com/general-dynamics-font/

FF6C4D60-CFC0-4A10-BE92-F9BC37F87582.jpeg

A search for GD Bold lists several sites that offer a free download. I can't vouch for any of them.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines